|1. Guide Gear Extreme||2. Summit 81120||3. Guide Gear Deluxe|
Do you want a safe place from where you can hunt? You should buy a tree stand, which is also known as a deer stand for safe hunting. These are open as well as enclosed platforms that are used by professional hunters for outdoor activities.
The platforms are attached to trees to keep the hunter at a higher height. These tree stands are usually used for hunting Whitetail deer but, you can also hunt other animals. It is essential to have the best climbing tree stand, which should be sturdy and provides safety with a great harness system.
The most significant advantage of using the tree stand is that a hunter can sit upon a tree. It helps him to see at a greater distance and hidden animals behind the bushes.
You can cut the shooting lanes for bows and firearms to watch clearly from the tree stand. Some of the stands are portable and can be taken to any location.
The hunters use climbing stands and keep on standing for the whole season to hunt the animals. The ladder and hanging stands cannot be moved quickly, and hence, stay on a single tree.
It is because the branches can limit the use of the climbing ladder and hanging stands and provide hunters many options to hunt at a lower height on the trees with many branches.
It is essential to buy a correct tree stand that serves your purpose correctly. You cannot afford to lose your life at the time of hunting due to a lousy tree stand.
You must analyze the location and many other things. In the following write-up, we will be discussing the benefits, factors to consider, types, and the best climbing tree stands.
What Happens If You Choose A Wrong Deer Stand?
Several bad things can happen to you if you buy the wrong one.
1. If the tree stand is lacking in safeguards against theft, then it can easily be stolen when you leave it in the woods.
2. You won’t be able to sit and stand for a long time if you buy a small tree stand as it can be uncomfortable for you, and you may feel pain in your body.
3. If the stand is not designed for hunting purposes, then you won’t be able to take the right shot.
4. A stand that is incompatible with your weight could fail or break after some time.
Accessories With Tree Stands
Many accessories come with tree stands. It helps the hunter to climb up the tree stand, as well as hunt the animal comfortably. There is a list of some accessories that are available with it other than a ladder, ropes, etc.
- Bow holders
- Shooting rests
- Seat pads
- Camouflage tape
Types Of Tree Stands
There are different types of tree stands that hunters can use according to their preference, location, and purpose.
- Climbing Tree Stands
There are two parts of climbing stands, which include a standing platform in the bottom and a seat on the top. A strap connects these two parts, because if the bottom part falls off, then the platform doesn’t fall with it on the ground. The trees with no limbs up to the height are perfect for hunting.
There are various styles to attach these stands to the tree. A thick cable or a boomerang-shaped metal is wrapped around the tree to fix the stand. The cable is fastened by using a bolt or a pin to adjust variant tree sizes.
You can climb the tree from the back of the stand, which is angled to the tree. The safety harness with the stand helps in preventing the injury if any component fails. It is important to be tied with the tree for safety.
- Ladder Stands
Ladder stands come with a seat as well as a platform with a ladder to climb up. The seat and platform attached with the ladder provide access to the hunter to the stand.
These stands are stationary due to their size and ability to not move through the woods. It is good to have stability because of the tree connection and ground support. Hunters can also use these stands for one or two persons.
- Hanging Stands
Hanging stands are similar to ladder stands as these are also stationary, but there is no ladder. You can connect these stands to the tree with the help of chains or cables at the required height.
The hunters can use ladders to the tree to get up on the hanging stand. It is essential to screw the steps on the tree, which helps the hunter to climb on the stand easily.
- Box Stands
Box stands are enclosed stands like a shed. These are large and are built on various heights along with ladders to climb and enter in it. These stands help the hunters by protecting them from the weather conditions and keeps you hidden.
These are made from lumber with walls of plywood and wood flooring with a metal roof. They are designed primarily on the edge of fields, where you can see long distances.
Benefits Of Climbing Tree Stands
Some tree stands are heavy, but some lightweight models are designed with backpack straps. It makes it easy to carry and move with it anywhere. It makes the stand portable and helps you to attach the stand on any tree.
These tree stands provide a versatility factor to the hunters. They mostly hunt on public grounds, but there is no option to attach a permanent tree stand. The portable climbing tree stands are the best choices for hunters.
- Stay Comfortable During The Watch
You can sit and wait for long hours on the comfortable seat of tree stands. There are armrests, footrests, and back seats, which are made with a thick and comfortable cushion material. Some have open or closed systems that help a hunter to either stand or sit high on the tree and hunt easily.
- Easy To Use
The installation process of these climbing tree stands is straightforward. There is no requirement of fumbling over bolts, nuts or pins because the stands have a cable retention systems.
- Safe To Use
The climbing tree stands with enclosure bars, and boot stirrups protect the hunter from weather and other harmful creatures. You cannot slip from the platform at the time of climbing or descending.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Best Climbing Tree Stand
There is a great need for safety, comfort, and ease of use for the hunters. Many tree stands are light in weight, easy in transportation, and require no assembly. It is very challenging to decide the best climbing tree stand that serves your purpose correctly. You must consider a few things that help you in buying the best tree stand.
1. Climbing Or Non-climbing Tree Stand
There are different types of tree stands available in the market. We have already covered the details of a variety of tree stands. Hang-on or fixed stands are the most common and standard one because they are versatile, and takes little installation time.
Ladder stand comes in a non-climbing tree stand category, which is easy to navigate but, ease of mobility is the drawback of it. On the other hand, the climbing tree stand is portable, easy to set up, and used for hunting. It requires strength to move this tree stand to another tree.
2. Comfortable Seat
A hunter spends many hours and waits for the perfect shot. If your tree stand has an uncomfortable seat, then you can feel soreness and stiffness while sitting for an extended period. You must ensure that the tree stand must have a thick padded seat. In some models, some backrests add comfort to the hunters.
Tree stands must be strong enough so that it can handle harsh weather conditions. You need to check the material that is used to manufacture the tree stands.
Many stands are built with heavy-duty, thick-gauge steel along with wide, welded rungs, and sturdy handrails. Some models are made with a high quality of alloy. You must choose a durable tree stand for your purpose.
4. Weight Limit
The tree stand must handle both your body as well as your equipment. Some climbing stands are available with a 350-pound weight limit, which is excellent in carrying a lot of weight on a tree.
5. Safety Measures
Before purchasing a tree stand, you must check whether the manufacturers have considered certain dangers. Some climbing tree stands include a free four-point fall arrest system- including a harness as well as a safety strap. The safety harnesses and accessories are designed to protect the hunter from falling.
6. Ease Of Carrying
Some tree stands are portable and can be carried to any place. On the other hand, some packed tree stands are very bulky to hang on the shoulders and walk with it in the woods. A stand with comfortable backpack straps is much more convenient and helps you in taking it anywhere.
7. Safety While Using A Tree Stand
There are several risks when you hunt from a tree with weapons. It is essential to follow some of the safety tips to stay secure and safe.
1. Make sure that you always wear a safety harness. Nowadays, tree stands come with the safety harness. If it is not included, then purchase one separately. A three or four-point Fall Arrest Harness System or FAS are perfect options.
2. You should go through the instruction manual to understand your tree stand. You should be familiar with the instructions for installation and other operations.
3. You should pull the unloaded weapon with you separately. If you climb a tree with a loaded weapon, then it may hurt you. Instead, you can attach a pull rope to your bow holder or gun. First, you should climb into your stand, and after that, pull your unloaded weapon. After landing on the stand, you can load your weapon and start hunting.
4. It is essential to stay alert. A hunter can often fall when he drifts off at the time of hunting from a tree stand. There are chances that a hunter can fall asleep if he remains there for long hours. You need to stay awake as well as attentive to keep yourself safe and secure.
5. You need to conduct regular inspections as well as maintenance. With time, a tree stand can become old and weak, and it can break. Try to inspect the tree, stand regularly, and keep a check on the signs of wear and tear. It is essential to check the stationary tree stands that are routinely exposed to extreme weather conditions.
8. How To Use A Climbing Tree Stand?
The market is flooded with a variety of tree stands. With the latest technology, many new types of tree stands are launching. It is essential to know the working of the tree stands, which has a great platform, seat, harness, and other accessories. You need to follow a simple list of instructions to set up the stand and use it.
Attach the climbing base by securing it around a tree. You need to pull the belt from its tube and fix it around the tree.
1. You need to do the same thing with the seat. You need to secure it around the tree. It is essential to fix both the top and the bottom climbing supports by a cinch or a fastener.
2. Now, you can stand on the top of the base, and tie yourself to the tree by a harness.
3. After that, elevate the climbing base by your feet and place your feet below the hinges and bar. It will help you in climbing the tree while tying yourself by the harness.
4. Now, you can move the top stand in the upward direction, and repeat the process until you reach the desired height.
5. After reaching the desired height, you need to fasten your harness and straps to each other.
Top Best 25 Climbing Tree Stands 2021
1. Guide Gear Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand
This hunting tree stand is constructed with durable and sturdy steel. It is the best climbing tree stand with 1″ thick padding on the seat, along with padded backrest and armrests. It adds up more comfort and allows a user to sit for long hours. There are many amazing features in this product that you must go through.
- Durable Stand: This tree stand is made with sturdy steel, which is durable enough that it can last longer. You can rely on the sturdy material as it is safe for hunting and can be used for long years.
- Foot Platform Length: The dimensions of the foot platform are 19″x26″ provides enough space to stand for long hours.
- Seat Length: The seat is comfortable enough to sit on it without any pain. It comes with dimensions 17″ x 10″ sling seat, which has 1″ of thick foam cover. It also includes padded armrests and climbing seat bar.
- Required Diameter: The tree stand can fit up to the tree with 20″ in diameter.
Straps: The foot straps are made with adjustable nylon, which helps in climbing the tree stand easily. The cam-buckle straps help in locking the foot and set the seat platforms correctly.
- Included Harness: One of the accessories that come with the tree stand is a full-body safety harness. It is crucial to secure yourself with harness whenever you sit on the tree stand. It will save you even if you fall from it.
- Weight: The tree stand is of 33 lbs, which is lightweight and can be taken anywhere.
- The tree stand is sturdy enough to handle the hunter’s weight on it.
- The seat is very comfortable as it has a cushioned seat.
- It comes in a single design.
- There is no shed in the tree stand, and you are unsafe in extreme weather conditions.
2. Summit Treestands 81120 Viper SD Climbing Treestand
The Viper SD by Summit is a famous model with a foam-padded seat for the bow as well as gun hunting. The frame is manufactured with a solid front bar for climbing easily. It weighs 20 pounds with a nesting frame to carry on your back, which makes it portable. Check out other exciting features.
- Warranty: This product comes with a warranty of 5 years. You can trust and rely on this tree stand.
- Frame: The body of the tree stand is made with high-quality aluminum, which provides maximum rigidity and strength.
- Seat: The seat needs to be comfortable for the hunter to sit and wait for the animal. The backseat is padded with foam in Mossy Oak Infinity camo.
- Weight: The tree stand comes with 20 lbs weight that can easily hold up the weight of 300 lbs.
- Dimensions: The seat size comes in 18” x 12”, and a platform size of 20”x26.5″ which is suitable enough for the hunter to sit and stay longer.
- Harness System: The tree stand comes with a full-body fall arrest harness system to provide safety and security to the hunters.
- The product comes with a warranty of 5 years.
- The tree stand has an excellent harness system that provides safety and security.
- There is no protection in extreme weather conditions.
3. Guide Gear Deluxe Hang-On Tree Stand
- Frame Material: The frame is designed with sturdy steel, which makes it durable. It can withstand high weight on it, and there is less chance of being broken. It is coated with a special powder that prevents the frame from rust.
- Dimensions: The size of the mesh platform is 24″x29.5,” which has great space to relax as you can stretch your legs. The size of the suspension-style seat is 17″ x 10″ x 21″ for better comfort.
- Seat: The seat in this tree stand has padded seat and armrests to provide comfort.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 33 lbs, which can hold the weight capacity of 300 lbs, which is enough stronger to hold large-sized hunters.
- Harness: This product also comes with a safety harness and two ratchet straps that can hold and secure the hunter. If the tree stands breaks down, then the harness can save the hunter from falling.
- The tree stand is constructed with steel and coated with green powder to prevent corrosion.
- The installation is an easy process in the case of this tree stand.
- It comes at an affordable price range.
- This tree stand is slightly heavy, which makes it challenging to move it to another location.
- The seat is noisy and can disturb the hunter during the hunt.
4. Guide Gear Hang On Tree Stand
This Hang-on Tree Stand by Guide Gear is of weight 18 lbs, which can easily be backpacked and is easy to install. You will feel comfortable due to its large foot platform and padded seat. Check out its great features that come at an affordable price range.
- Frame: The steel frame of the tree stand is lightweight with the folding ability. The foot platform that allows you to stretch your legs comfortably and is 18″ x 25.5″. This product is highly durable and can be used for a longer time.
- Seat: The size of the flip-up seat is 14″ x 8″, which is very comfortable to sit and wait for long hours. It has a closed-cell foam cushion that prevents pain in your back.
- Cables: The tree stand has a good quality of wires that helps in fixing the seat with the tree. The cables are robust and can hold the weight of the stand, as well as the person standing or sitting on it. It provides stability to the stand.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 18 lbs, which can hold the weight capacity of 300 lbs efficiently.
- Harness: The tree stand includes two ratchet straps along with FAS safety harness, which can hold you with the tree, and if the stand breaks, it will still hold you to the tree and prevents you from falling.
- This tree stand comes at a budget-friendly price.
- It is easy to assemble and install the stand over the tree.
- The safety harness prevents you from falling and keeps you safe.
- The frame quality is quite less than the expensive tree stands.
5. Summit Viper SD Treestand
It is the lightest tree stand by Summit, which is perfect in space, comfort, durability, and reliability. The padded seat of the best climbing tree stand is comfortable for bow and gun hunting. The solid front bar is easy to climb, and space can be used as a gun rest. Check its exciting features in detail.
- Highly Durable: The Viper SD tree stand is famous for its durability. It is built with a very sturdy and quality material that can withstand heavy weight up to 300 lbs on it.
- Technologies Used: The tree stand is manufactured using DeadMetal Sound-deadening technology, which helps in reducing the noise made by the treestand. The custom-engineered foam reduces the metal-to-metal aluminum tubing noise. The structural enhancement technology provides strength and rigidity to the tree stand. It prevents the welds from being overstressed, to allow for a system that is very secure, strong, and safe.
- Seat: The suspended foam-padded seat comes with a backrest. The seat is so comfortable that a hunter can sit in it for several hours without any pain and discomfort.
- Safety Harness: The tree stand comes with a 4-point safety harness, rapid climb stirrups, and other accessories like necessary pads, ropes, and straps.
- This tree stand is made with excellent quality and sturdy material with a comfortable seat. It is very convenient.
- It is light in weight and easy to carry for long distances through the woods.
- The product comes with a useful instructional video to assemble and use it.
- This tree stand comes with a limited warranty for five years.
- The price is slightly high.
- The coated paint on the footrest easily peels out after some time.
6. Summit Tree Stand Footrest Kit
This tree stands by Summit comes with a comfortable folding footrest, which is large enough to stretch and relax your legs. This footrest is made with 6-channel aluminum material, which is easy to install on a tree. Go through its amazing features in detail.
- Big Foot Rest Platform: There is enough space to keep your feet in a relaxing mode. The 6-channel aluminum platform helps you in relieving from leg pain when you stand longer on the tree stand. It does not have steel frames, as it makes the structure heavy and unable to change the location with it.
- Easy Installation: This tree stand is easy to install. You can quickly assemble the parts of it and easily install it on the tree.
- Dimensions: The entire size of the seat is 19 x 13 x 3 inches, which makes it quite comfortable for anyone to sit.
- Harness: This product comes with a sturdy harness that can pull you if the tree stand falls off.
- The seat of the tree stand is very comfortable.
- The foot platform is large enough to relax and stretch your legs.
- The price is slightly high when it comes to its features.
7. Millennium Treestands M25 Hang-On Tree Stand
Millennium’s M25 is comfortable, quiet, and easy to install tree stand for hunters who can pack it easily. It is easy to backpack using the straps and can be taken for long treks. The ComfortMAX seat and footrest provide support to the hunter to hunt from dawn to dark. Check its exciting features in detail.
- Easy To Pack: This hang-on tree stand is a lightweight tree stand that can easily pack and be taken at any place. You can fold it flat and carry it using the convenient backpack straps. It is portable, and you will feel comfortable during transportation.
- Safelink: It keeps the hunter safe as it includes a 35-foot rope with a Prusik knot and carabiner, which can hold him during any mishappening.
- Platform: The seat and footrest are essential parts of this tree stand. It provides excellent support to the hunter to hunt dawn to dark. The tight sling seat can easily fold up and provides enough room to make stand-up shots.
- Construction: This tree stand is made with a robust steel material which is coated with a durable powder to prevent it from rust. It meets the TMA industry standards.
- Measurements: The weight of the tree stand is only 19 pounds, which can hold up to 300 pounds. The size of the platform is 20.5 x 26 inches, and the seat is 20 x 16 x 21 inches above the platform.
- The tree stand is sturdy and durable that can hold the person of heavyweight and last for several days.
- You can pack the tree stand and take it anywhere.
- This tree stand is expensive as compared to other durable stands.
8. Summit Treestands Titan SD Climbing Treestand
The Titan SD tree stands by Summit is a spacious climbing stand with more significant and more extended platforms that has a weight capacity of 350 pounds. It is comfortable for sitting for several hours. There are multiple features of this tree stand that you must have a look at.
- Reliability: Summit offers a limited warranty of 5 years on its frame. You can rely on this product and the company’s services.
- Technologies Used: The Deadmetal Sound Deadening Technology is used in the platform of the tree stand to reduce unintentional noises by filling it with expanding foam.
- Cable Retention System: There is no fumbling with pins, knobs, nuts, or bolts. The size of the cable goes perfectly with the diameter of the tree. You can insert the cable into the retention bracket, and the trigger locks it securely in place. After that, you have to pull the trigger to remove the stand from the tree.
- Structure Material: The tree stand is made with a high-quality extruded aluminum, which provides maximum rigidity and strength. Every joint is locked in the place ideally before welding, and therefore, it is sturdy and durable.
- Seat: It has a comfortable foam-padded seat with backrest. The cushion-made seat of size 18” x 12” feels exceptionally comfortable to you.
- Dimensions: The size of the platform is 21” x 30.75,” which is spacious enough to stretch and relax your legs.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 25 lbs, which can hold more massive hunters up to 350 lbs and their gears.
- Harness: The tree stand comes with a full-body fall arrest harness system to secure the hunter on the tree. There are other accessories with a harness, like climb stirrups, hardware, ropes, pads, and straps.
- It has a secure harness system that provides excellent security to the hunter.
- The seat is made with aluminum which makes it lightweight, durable and portable.
- The price of this tree stand is exceptionally high.
9. Lone Wolf Hand Combo II Climbing Tree Stand
It is a lightweight climbing tree stand and is proven to be the best one. It is easy to pack the 5-inch packed profile and can take it to any place. The platform of the tree stand comes with the size, i.e., 30″ x 19.5″ which offers excellent room for the legs. There are many more features that you should have a look at.
- Construction: The frame is designed with aluminum, which makes it lightweight and durable. It has a comfortable seat with an extended foot platform of 30″ x 19.5″ for relaxation and waiting for hours.
- Installation: The tree stand can easily fit on the trees with a diameter of 6″ – 19″. It is easy to install the stand on the tree.
- Seat: The seat is made like a cushion, which is comfortable enough to prevent pain if a hunter sits there for a more extended period.
- Foldable: The tree stand is light and can be folded into a 5-inch packed profile. It helps hunters to pack the stand and take it to any place across the woods. They can change the location of the stand and fix it on another tree.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is only 17.5 pounds, with a weight capacity of 350 pounds. It can withstand massive hunters, as it is durable.
- Convenient: This tree stand comes with a bungee strap to haul your weapons and other gears. The bow holder in it can hold limb bows to bring extra gears along with you when required.
- It is light enough to carry it anywhere through the woods.
- The easy installation process helps in relocating the tree stand whenever and wherever required.
- There is no back seat available in this product that can let your back relax.
10. Summit Treestands Mini Viper SD Mossy Oak Climbing Treestand
The Mini Viper SD is a fantastic all-round climber, with perfect space, comfort, and other features. You can raise the padded seat for bow hunting and lower it by a gun. It is easy to climb by the solid front bar, which works well as a gun rest. There are many other exciting features that you must go through.
- Reliability: You can rely on the product as the company offers a limited warranty of 5 years.
- Technology Used: The tree stand is developed with Dead Metal Sound-Deadening Technology that helps in expanding the foam of the seat and reduces the unintentional noises at the time of movement on the platform.
- Draw Cable Retention System: The cable attachment system has coated steel cable without fumbling with pins, knobs, nuts, or bolts. The cable can easily wrap the tree by inserting the cable into the bracket and lock it securely in place. After that, pull the trigger to remove the stand from the tree.
- Structure: This tree stand is made with high-quality 5-channel platform aluminum, which provides rigidity and strength. Each joint is locked correctly by welding, which is strong, safe, secure as well as silent.
- Climbing Stirrups: The stirrups can be used efficiently, and it is adjustable enough that any boot can fit into it. Your boot will be attached to the platform and allows you to climb safely at the desired height.
- Seat: The tree stand has a comfortable foam seat with backrest. A hunter may feel a cushion-like seat provides immense comfort to him – even if he sits for many hours.
- Harness: There is a 4 Point FAS harness with a safety SRS strap that can hold a hunter even if the tree stand breaks. It works as a security purpose.
- Size and Weight: This tree stand comes with the seat size 18″ W x 12″ and platform size 20″ W x 26.5″ with weight 20lbs. It can hold the weight of 300 lbs.
- This tree stand is strong enough that it can hold even massive hunters.
- The sound deadening technology prevents noise at the time of any movement.
- It is made with durable aluminum material with steel cables, which is very strong.
- It comes in a single design.
- The tree stand is a bit expensive.
11. Summit 180 Max SD Climbing Treestand
The 180 Max SD Climbing Treestand by Summit is perfect for hunting all-day. It has a wonderful, roomy, and padded 23-pound seat, which can hold up to 350 pounds. It is made with heavy-duty aluminum, which is easy to install. Go through all the fantastic features in detail.
- Material: The tree stand is made with a 6-channel aluminum platform with great space to sit comfortably. For taller hunters, there is an extended aluminum seat or climber frame.
- Seat: The seat of the tree stand provides full-coverage backrest that helps in blocking the wind and keeps you extremely comfortable. You can adjust the height and reverse the seat and sit facing towards the tree. It has built-in pockets to keep small accessories and warm your hands.
- Technology Used: The Sound-Deadening Technology in the tree stand reduces the unwanted noise and creaks at the time of any movement.
- Weight Capacity: It can hold the weight capacity of 350 lbs, which means that it carries heavy hunters as well.
- Harness System: The trees stand has a 4-point FAS harness system that comes with attached safety SRS straps.
- This stand is spacious and very comfortable for the hunters.
- The tree stand comes with a limited warranty of 5 years.
- It is best for massive hunters as it can hold the weight up to 350 pounds.
- This tree stand is comparatively heavy, and it is difficult to carry it.
- This product is not as durable as other tree stands in the price range.
12. Lone Wolf Assault II Hang On Tree Stand
The Assault II treestand by Lone is a lightweight, and best hang on tree stand with a weight of11-pounds that provides enough space to sit comfortably. This stand is easy to fold and can be kept in tighter places. Check out its features in detail.
- Lightweight Structure: This tree stand weighs only eleven pounds, which is quite light. You can carry it using backpack straps through the woods for hunting. It includes a bow holder that accommodates parallel limb bows. It can fit well to the tree of 4″-22″ in diameter.
- Durability: It is made with cast aluminum, which is light in weight and reduces the burden on your shoulders. It is an excellent alternative to iron or steel.
- Comfort: The size of the platform measures 26 by 19.5,” which provides enough room to move around and stretch your legs. On the other hand, the seat size is 14 x 12 x 21 inches.
- Weight Capacity: This tree stand can hold a capacity of 350 lbs, which is a great feature. It is light in weight but can carry heavy weights.
- Harness System: It includes 6-pt Fall Arrest System, which can tie properly with the tree, and there is no scope to fall off in any case.
- This tree stand is exceptionally light in weight but can hold a capacity of 350 lbs.
- It has a great harness system to tie the hunter over the tree and provides excellent safety to him.
- There is no backrest on the seat; hence, it lacks comfort.
13. X-Stand Deluxe Aluminum Climbing Tree Stand
This ultra-lightweight tree stand design is portable. It is easy to install the stand over the tree without much effort. You can fold it and take it to any place through the woods and attach it to any tree. It is durable and has an excellent feature that will mesmerize you.
- Light in Weight: The tree stand is exceptionally light in weight. You can easily fold it and move through the woods by carrying it on your shoulders. It has built-in backpack straps that help you in easily transporting the stand.
- Easy Installation: It is easy to install the stand on any tree. You can find a suitable place and tree for hunting and attach the stand there.
- Frame Material: It comes with a durable aluminum material that is very strong and can last longer due to its non-rusting properties. There are nylon washers attached to every joint to ensure silence at the time of movement.
- Cables: The cables are specially designed in aluminum extrusions, and after that, these are coated with rubber for extra protection.
- Seat: The seat of the tree stand is very comfortable with size 21″ x 16″. You can push the seat little out and make more room to sit comfortably. The dimensions of the room space or the platform are 27″ x 20″ for standing. It has a padded armrest and seat bar.
- Harness: The product comes with a 4-point safety harness that prevents you from falling.
- Weight: The weight of the seat is 15.5 lbs, which can hold the weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- The weight of the frame is deficient.
- The product is quite durable and stable, which can last for many years.
- The seat is not comfortable.
14. Sit & Climb Combo II Climbing Tree Stand By Lone Wolf
There is no compromise of comfort in this tree stand. It has a unique, pivoting seat as well as a climbing bar, which helps you to climb easily. The 2-panel foam seat pad makes your all-day sit very comfortable. You can pack down it to a 4-inch profile to grab and go with it anywhere. Check out its exciting features in detail.
- Frame Size and Material: The dimensions of the frame are 30″ x 19.5″, which is built with aluminum. It has a sturdy platform to hold a heavy hunter without any damage. This tree stand can fit trees with 6″-19″ in diameter.
- Seat: This tree stand includes a comfortable 2-panel and contoured foam seat pad, which is a very soft and cushion-like seat. A hunter can spend many hours on this seat and wait for his chance to hunt.
- Bow Holder: The seat pad has a bow holder on its sides. It helps in keeping the bows and guns on your side, which you can use at the time of the hunt.
- Straps: The stand includes different types of straps like a backpack, one bungee, and stabilizing straps for better support and carrying it.
- Platform: It has a distinctive 3-D camo platform design, which is sturdy and has a great space to relax for many hours.
- Weight: The weight of the stand is only 20 pounds, which is extremely light in weight, and you can carry it by folding it and using backpack straps to anywhere through the woods. It can hold a weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- Harness: This tree stand includes a TMA approved 6-pt Fall Arrest Harness System, which protects you from falling.
- It has a soft, cushion-like comfortable seat to sit for long hours.
- This tree stand is lightweight, i.e., only 20 pounds.
- It is made of aluminum, which makes it sturdy and durable.
- Only one color, i.e., Brown, is available in this model.
15. Wide Sit and Climb Combo II Climbing Tree Stand By Lone Wolf
It is one of the best climbing trees stands by Lone Wolf. There is no compromise in comfort. The unique, pivoting sit & climb bar allows you to climb effortlessly and has a 2-panel contoured foam seat pad. Consider its features and compare them with your needs.
- Size of Platform: This tree stand has a tough, and a bigger platform to help you feel safe and sit comfortably. In this area, size does matter. There is an extra platform space of about 16″-20″ feet, in which a hunter can stretch his legs and sit comfortably for long hours. The platform size measures in at 30″ x 19.5″, which is vast enough, and it has one solid cast piece with no welds.
- Seat Size/Material/Comfort: It is a wide seat for large hunters. It measures 21″ x 4″. The seat of the tree stand is made with two contoured foam panels at the top and the back. It provides extra comfort and allows ventilation. There are three wide web straps and a pivoting climb bar for bowhunters.
- Durability: The tree stand is made with cast aluminum material, which is very solid. The pivoting seat, climb bar, and upper frame are light in weight, as well as durable.
- Portability: You can fold down and pack this stand to a compact 4-inch profile for and take it to any hunting spot. It comes with a bungee cord that is used for packing, and two shoulder straps to carry it. The padded straps are an additional option.
- Weight: The tree stand weighs only 21 pounds, which can hold a capacity of 350 lbs – which means that the frame is lightweight as well as sturdy.
- Quietness: There is no problem with squeaks due to weather conditions. The construction of this tree stand is so good that there is no scope of noise in it.
- It has a comfortable seat with a backrest, which allows a hunter to sit for long hours.
- The sturdy seat creates no noise.
- It has a significant holding capacity as it can hold massive hunters.
- This tree stand is a bit expensive.
16. Summit Treestands OpenShot SD Climbing Treestand
The Openshot tree stand is designed for hunters who like lightweight tree stands that are easy to pack because it is only 15 pounds. It is a compact, comfortable, and portable stand for hunting. Know its features in detail.
- Frame Material: This tree stand is constructed with a 4-Channel Aluminum Platform Frame, which is highly durable and sturdy enough that it can hold massive hunters. The size of the platform is 20″ x 28.75″.
- Seat: The seat in the tree stand is made with a foam pad, which is very comfortable for the hunter to sit for long hours. It comes in an 18″ x 12″ size.
- Cables: There are steel-made climbing cables which are very strong. It allows a hunter to climb the tree stand at a great height.
- Harness: It has a 4-point FAS Harness System with safety as well as attached SRS straps that protect the hunter from falling.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is only 15 lbs, which makes it incredibly light and portable. You can fold and take this stand to any place required. It has a significant holding capacity of 300 lbs.
- Reliability: This climbing tree stands by Summit comes with a limited warranty of 5 years.
- Sound Deadening Technology: Some parts of the tree stand platform are filled with an expanding foam that helps in reducing the unintentional noises, which can be caused by any movement on the platform.
- The product comes with five years of warranty.
- It has a sturdy and robust frame that can last for a longer duration.
- This tree stand is exceptionally light in weight, and hence, it is portable.
- The size of the platform is not much, and a hunter gets less space to stand and hunt.
17. Sniper Treestands The Insider Hunting Tree Stand
This tree stands by Sniper comes with an accessory bag. The Nylon netting seat pushes the back and allows more space to climb on it. It can be folded flat for transportation by backpack straps. Go through its amazing features in detail.
- Frame: This tree stand consists of a climber that measures 21″ x 28″ to provide support to the hunter as well as help in climbing over it. The platform size is 20″ x 27,” which is enough for the hunter to stand and shoot from it. It comes with padded as well as removable arm-rests.
- Seat: The seat of the tree stand is made up of Nylon netting with size 21″. You can adjust its depth up to 16″. It is comfortable but not much like foam seats.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 24 lbs, which can hold the capacity of 300lbs. It is perfect for massive hunters.
- Portable: Due to its lightweight nature, one can easily fold the frame and take it to any place.
- The tree stand is easy to fold and is lightweight.
- The tree stand is durable, sturdy, as well as portable.
- The seat of the tree stand is not comfortable as there is no foam like seat in it.
18. Summit Goliath SD Treestand
The Summit Goliath is a climber tree stand for all types of hunters. There is extra space available on the platform to stand, and it can carry massive hunters. A solid bar on the front side makes climbing easy and helps as a gun rest. Know more about this product.
- Harness: There is a 4-point Safety Harness System with all the necessary accessories like pads, hardware, ropes, and straps. This wide-top climbing treestand comes with RapidClimb Stirrups for easy climbing.
- Sound Deadening Technology: The product comes with Sound Deadening technology, which ensures no noise from the tree stands at the time of any movement.
- Frame Material and Size: The frame is made with aluminum material, which makes it durable and robust to withstand heavy weight on it. It has a wide 5-channel platform with padded seat and backrest. The frame can fit on trees with 8 to 20-inch diameters.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is only 21 pounds, which can hold a capacity of 350 pounds.
- Installation: The product comes pre-assembled in the packing. You can easily install the tree stand on the tree by using the instruction manual along with the product.
- Warranty: The product comes with a limited warranty of five years.
- There is a warranty of five years on this tree stand.
- It is a lightweight, portable, and durable tree stand.
- The seat is extremely comfortable because of the padded seat and backrest.
- There is no color option available in this brand.
19. Summit Openshot SD Treestand
This Openshot stand by Summit is designed for hunters who are looking for lightweight stands. It is a compact, portable stand with a comfortable and roomy platform. You can fold the seat and carry it on your shoulders. You should consider this model of the tree stand by checking out the features.
- Frame Material and Size: The frame of the tree stand is constructed with aluminum, which is lightweight as well as durable. It is a compact climbing treestand that can be folded easily. There is a 4-channel aluminum platform.
- Harness: It comes with a 4-point safety harness with climb stirrups and other necessary pads, hardware, ropes, and straps.
- Sound Deadening Technology: This tree stand comes with Sound Deadening technology that helps in preventing any noise at the time of any movement.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 15 pounds with a weight limit of 300 pounds. It can fit well to the trees with 8 to 20-inch diameters.
- Installation: This product comes pre-assembled in the packaging. It is easy to install on the tree.
- Warranty: The company provides a limited warranty for five years.
- It comes with a warranty of five years.
- The platform of the tree stand is spacious enough that a hunter can relax properly.
- There is no scope of noise at the time of any movement.
The seat is not as comfortable as there is no backrest.
20. X-Stand Sit & Climb Climbing Treestand
This aluminum tree stand allows a hunter to sit and stand on the tree easily. The sit bar is used as a shooting rail, foot-rest, and arm-rest. You can secure the tree stand easily on the tree. Go through all other features in detail.
- Frame Material: This tree stand is made with high-quality aluminum material. It is lightweight as well as durable, which can last for many years.
- Front Bar: The front bar is manufactured in this product to sit comfortably and climb the tree. It acts as a shooting bar, an arm recline, or as a footrest.
- Sit Bar: This sit bar can be used to avoid cluttering when you climb up the tree.
- Cables: The tree stand comes at an affordable price with efficient attachment cables.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 20 pounds, and that can hold the capacity of 300 lbs. It is light enough that you can backpack it and take it to any place.
- The frame is light in weight as well as durable.
- It has a big platform to stand and hunt animals.
- The parts of the stand are prone to break while in use.
- The seat is not as comfortable as there is no backrest.
21. Xop-Xtreme Outdoor Vanish Evolution Deluxe Deer Stand
The Vanish Evolution tree stand is equipped with amazing features. It is a perfect lightweight, compact stand for gun hunting. It is an aluminum-made platform that is approved with a TMA weight rating for 350 lbs. Check its other features.
- Frame Material: The frame of the tree stand is made with high-quality cast aluminum. It is durable, reliable, lightweight, easy to transport, and does not create any noise. The platform is spacy enough because of its size of 27” x 19”.
- Seat: The seat is made with cushion-like material. It is a tri-layer foam seat that provides ultimate comfort while sitting and also even at the time of standing and shooting.
- Straps: The stand is light in weight, which is easy to carry by using the straps. There are UV treated fastening straps, a six-point bracket, and backpack straps.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 12 pounds, which is very light to carry on the shoulders. It can carry a weight of 350 pounds.
- Harness: The product includes a 6-point Fall Arrest System, which is TMA approved and can protect a hunter from falling.
- The design of the tree stand is impressive.
- The weight of this stand is deficient, which makes it easy to carry and travel along with it.
- There is nothing to hold for the support on the tree stand.
- There is no backrest, which makes a hunter uncomfortable if he sits for long hours.
22. OL’Man Grand Alumalite CTS Climbing Treestand
The AlumaLite climbing tree stand consists of many amazing features that include ComforTech seating and pivoting spreader arms. The standing platform of the stand is designed to be lighter and with improved tubing style foot straps, which allows a hunter to enter easily.
- Lightweight: This tree stand is very light in weight, as it is constructed with aluminum metal. It is only 23 pounds in weight. A hunter can fold the stand and take it through the woods.
- Oval Tubing: The Alumalite CTS tree stand is built with oval tubing, which is comparatively stronger than round tubing. It provides a hunter to use this stand for a long time.
- Comfort: The tree stand comes with ComforTECH seating, which has a width of 21-inches. A hunter can feel comfortable while sitting on the trees for long hours. One can enter and exit from the stand easily by using new tubing style foot straps.
- Dimensions: The weight of the tree stand is 23 pounds, with a weight limit of 300 pounds. The platform size measures 18” x 32”.
- It is a durable and lightweight tree stand.
- It has a new tubing style, which is stronger than round tubing.
- The price of this tree stand is slightly high.
23. Summit Viper Steel Climber Tree Stand
The Viper series of Summit is considered to be the best climbing tree stand. It is a legendary treestand in an excellent price range. It is designed well, with an excellent cable retention system. It can hold up to 300 pounds, which only weighs 29 pounds. Go through its other features.
- Great Performance: This Viper climbing tree stand provides great performance and lasts for a more extended period due to its durability. It is made of steel, which is enough sturdy that it cannot wear out for many years. It is the best option for less money.
- Full Perimeter Frame: The frame of the tree stand is specially designed for the hunters. It provides excellent support and area to stand for bow or gun hunting.
- Cable Retention System: It has an excellent cable system to secure it safely to the tree. It is easy to use the cables to secure the stand as well as yourself.
- Climb Stirrups: The tree stand includes, climb stirrups to help a hunter to climb the stand easily.
- Seat: The stand comes with an adjustable and padded climbing seat along with the backrest. It gives proper comfort to the hunter to wait for long hours on the seat. It has cushioned armrests, which adds more comfort.
- Backpack Straps: The product comes with backpack straps that help you to hold the tree stand on your shoulders and take it to any place through the woods.
- Harness: There is a full-body safety harness system in this tree stand. It helps a hunter to secure himself with the tree stand. There is no risk of falling from the stand.
- The steel metal provides great durability to the product.
- It is an excellent tree stand at an affordable price range.
- There is only a brown color available in this model.
- The frame of the tree stand is made of steel, which makes it slightly heavy.
24. Xop-Xtreme Outdoor Air Raid Aluminum Tree Stand
This tree stand is a light aluminum-made stand with only 12.5 lbs weight. It is stronger as well as the lighter if you compare it with tree stands. It is equipped with a leveling seat and platform, strap buttons for hanging, and the most robust stand fastening the belt. It has great features that you should look at once.
- Frame Material: The tree stand is lightweight due to its construction with cast aluminum. It weighs only 12.5 lbs. You can rely on its durability as it is strong enough, even if it is lightweight. You can easily transport the stand to any place.
- Seat: The seat of the stand comes with dual functioning tri-layer compression foam, which is padded enough that it can provide support for a whole day.
- Backpack Straps: The tree stand comes with backpack straps to hold the stand on your shoulders and travel along with it.
- Harness: It has a great harness system that holds tight to the stand and provides safety to the hunter.
- Dimensions: The tree stand weighs only 12.5 lbs with a weight limit of 350 pounds. The platform size is 30” x 19.5”.
- It is incredibly lightweight and durable.
- The platform size is good and provides enough space for a hunter to stretch his legs properly and relax on it.
- There is no support around the seat to hold the hunter safely.
25. Hawk Combat Hang-On Treestand
The tree stand is silent, as it is equipped with over-molded hooks and Teflon washers – which leads to no noise and squeaking. The stand is tested to TMA standards and considered as the best lock-on tree stand with a full-body harness system and many other amazing features.
- Frame Material: The frame is built with hardened steel, which is also weather-resistant due to powder coating and a textured mud finish. It helps in increasing the durability of the product.
- Platform: The platform of the tree stand is of size 21″ x 27″ with oversized welded grip-mesh at all contact points. It has enough space to relax for waiting and stand for hunting. The platform is super strong and stable.
- Seat: The seat of the stand is ultra-comfortable with an adjustment angle. It is 3″ thick with a foam layer to relax the pressure points. The seat dimensions are 16″ x 10″ x 20″.
- Noise: There is no scope of noise and squeaking due to over-molded hooks and Teflon washers.
Cables: It has a sturdy platform with durable cables. The Tree Digger teeth provide more security and stability.
- Weight: The weight of the tree stand is 15.7lbs, with a weight limit of 300 pounds.
- The stand makes no noise at the time of any movement.
- The steel frame is highly durable and stable.
- There is no support around the stand to provide safety to the hunter.
1. Are Climbing Tree or Deer Stands Safe?
It is a risky job to stand on a small stand and hunt animals from it. The safety of life is all that matters. But, the tree stand has special harness and ropes to hold you on the tree and protect you from falling. Climbing tree stands are safe to use. You can easily climb the stand and secure yourself on it comfortably.
2. At What Height in a Tree Stand Should You Climb?
Most of the bowhunters hang their tree stands up to 17 to 20 feet up above the ground. You need to determine yourself and set a certain height on which you will set the stand for better hunting. The less you find cover, the higher the tree stand should hang.
3. Is There a Possibility of Damage to the Trees by Climbing Tree Stands?
It depends on the tree stand and how they are hung on the tree. Two main things are related to the tree stand. One is climbing on the tree, and setting the tree stand by hooks. There is a possibility that the hooks might leave some marks on it, which can get invisible after a season.
4. Explain the Causes of Accidental Falls from a Tree Stands?
If anyone falls from the tree stand, then it can cause severe injuries and even death. There is a considerable risk of climbing on the tree stand and hunt. If a hunter stays on the stand for long hours, and if he is following poor hunting techniques, there is a possibility of an accident.
5. Can an Animal Smell the Hunter in a Tree Stand?
An animal can smell you from the tree stand. But, according to the real hunting tips, you can play the wind at the time of hunting. If you are downwind, then they can not smell you. But, sometimes, you cannot avoid it.
Your Pick For The Best Climbing Tree Stand?
Nowadays, hunting is an everyday activity in many countries. It is crucial to keep yourself safe from wild animals. The tree stands are used to hang on the trees to elevate yourself from the ground for better view and hunting. Many gun or bow hunters go for this equipment for hunting.
Now, you have to decide the best, and the suitable one from these best climbing tree stands. It is essential to choose the correct one according to your weight and other characteristics.
You should consider a few essential things before purchasing the tree stand. There is no doubt that many great tree stands are available in different models, but it is challenging to choose the appropriate one.
After so much patience and suggestions, you can buy a desired one from the best climber tree stands. Make sure that you will purchase a safe and comfortable one for yourself.