|1. Mojack||2. Pro Lift||3. Mojack|
Lawn Mower is the best lawn tool to make your garden amazing because it trims and cuts grass effectively to provide an even and tidy look to your garden. Many people have a lawn mower for mowing their yards, but it is essential to have the best lawn mower lift to clean and repair the lawn mower. As it is necessary to keep the garden clean and tidy, then it is also necessary to clean and maintain the mower.
With time, the blades of the mower can get jammed or corrode. Then, there is a need to change them. Sometimes, you can face motor issues after rough mowing. Then, you can use the mower lift to raise the mower and check it properly from top to bottom.
This device helps you in lifting the heavy garden mower so that you can easily check the faults in it and repair it at that moment. You must buy this equipment for a routine checkup of the mower by suspending it to a favorable height. You can lift the mower with ease, and without spending too much energy, you can pedal it with your foot. You need to lift the garden mower to the desired height, and then, you can do maintenance as well as repairs in the way you want.
The lifting process by the lifter can be done in a short period as compared to the manual methods. These lifters are similar to jacks that can lift cars and huge trucks. But, the mower lift device is specially designed for lifting garden mowers at a great height. It has a limited weight capacity that it can withstand. You can save too much time and effort by using the yard mower lift.
Here, we will discuss different types of lawn mower lifts and various factors to consider the best one out of a massive collection of lifts available in the market. We have picked the top 10 mower lifting devices to spot some of the best ones. You can go through the complete write-up and clear all your doubts regarding this equipment.
Types Of Lawn Tractor Lifts
There are four types of garden mower lifts. Let’s check out in detail.
1. Scissor-action Lift
It is simple and the cheapest model. It comes with a lever that is operated by your hand. You can lift light machines with the help of these lifters. You need to apply some effort to deal with such equipment.
2. Drill-turned Lift
It is quite similar to the scissor-action lift, but it works on the drill-tuned mechanism in which you have to use a power drill to lift the heavy mower. They also have levers to lift the load at the desired height. You can raise the load manually if you do not have a power drill.
3. Hydraulic Lift
This type of lift works differently from the above two lifts. It works on the hydraulic mechanism which you can operate by a foot pedal. It provides excellent support in controlling the load and by the smooth operation.
4. Pneumatic Lift
It works on an airlifting system that is connected with an air compressor. There is no need to apply much effort. It works smoothly and can lift heavy weights without any issues. These lifts, however, come in an expensive range.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Lawn Mower Lift
Many factors are necessary to consider before buying the lawn mowers. There are a variety of garden mowers, as well as lifting devices that can hold mowers with specific features. Let us discuss these factors in detail.
1. Types Of Lawn Tractor Lifts
As discussed, there are four types of lawn mower lifts. There is a different mechanism behind every kind of lift. Scissor-action and drill-turned come in a nominal price range. On the other hand, hydraulic and pneumatic lifts are comparatively expensive. So, it depends on one’s requirement to buy any garden mower lift.
2. Lawn Mower Weight Capacity
You must check the lifting capacity of the mower.Some models, up to 200 lbs can carry push and self-propelled lawn mowers. Those between 300 and 500 lbs can raise residential zero-turn mowers, lawn tractors, and ATVs, and over 500 lbs can hold heavy-duty zero-turn mowers and lawn tractors.
3. Wheel Span Capacity
This term refers to the distance or space between the front wheels of the mower. It is an essential factor to consider, because if the mower wheels are not correctly centered, then there are chances to slide off at the time of lifting it. The distance ranges from 17 to 64 inches, and you should check one before buying the mower lift.
4. Adjustable Wheel Span
Many lifts are available that can easily adjust the wheel spans. It is necessary to measure it before buying the lift for your mower. It is measured from the middle of the first wheel to the center of the second wheel. This information is also available on the user manual of the lawn mower.
5. Mower Lifting Height
It is also an essential factor to consider the height at which you want to raise your mower. Most of the lifts can lift the load to the height ranges from 22 to 28 inches. It is necessary to raise the mower to check, clean and do the maintenance tasks like changing of blades, cleaning of the deck, and many more.
6. Safety Features
It is mandatory to check various safety features in a lawn mower lift. For example, lifting lock, which helps in locking the arm of the mower lift. If the equipment is unable to lock, then the mower can slip off, and you can experience damage. This accident can also harm you while doing the maintenance.
7. Rubber-made Wheel Pads
The mowers are expensive and are essential to remain safe and scratchless. The rubberized wheel pads are used to keep the mower in such a way that your machine keeps free from scratches.
If you want to store the mower lift in a small place or garage, then it is required to fold. The lift collapses when you do not use it for a long time. It is necessary to store in a safe place. A foldable lift is easy to fold and store even in a small area.
Top 10 Best Lawn Mower Lifts 2021
1. MoJack XT
This riding lawn mower lift by MoJack is a fantastic mower lift that can hold heavy-duty steel-made big lawn mowers. This lift can make your work easier. It is perfect for lifting any riding mower or lawn tractor, which includes zero-turning radius models. You can do various jobs by raising the mowers at a higher level like blade sharpening, belt replacement, and debris removal. Check out its exciting features in detail.
- Easy Maintenance Process: One can easily conduct the maintenance process by using the mower lift. You can do various things at the time of maintenance like replacing blades, removal of belts and debris, etc. It provides a safer as well as a convenient platform for the mowers.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: This mower lift can raise the load with a capacity of 500 pounds. This comprises the weight of the front axle and not the entire weight of the mower. It can raise the front end of the mower at a maximum height of 25 inches.
- Suitability: This mower lift is perfect for most lawn tractor or zero-turn riding mower. It can lift the mowers with wheels of size ranging from 31.5 to 62.5 inches. You can easily lift the mower with one hand or by a power drill.
- Simple to Store: You can easily fold the mower lift and make it flat for easy and compact storage. You can keep it in any compact place or a garage.
- One can easily change the blades and remove belts and debris.
- It is much more safe and convenient than other car ramps.
- It has a weight lifting capacity of 500 pounds.
- This mower comes in a high range.
2. Pro-LifT T-5300
T-5300 model by Pro-Lift with a weight lifting capacity of 300 lbs is a fantastic lawn mower lift that can lift the mower 22 inches from the ground to the wheel saddle. It provides maximum space for repairing and cleaning. It is made with welded solid steel material, along with four wheels, which are also made of steel. There are many exciting features that you must go through and consider before buying a lawn mower lift.
- Locking System: There is a safety lock in this mower lift, which helps in supporting the load on the lift safely. It locks the load and prevents it from falling or slipping off. It is a necessary feature to consider.
- Rubber Padded Platform: This mower lift comes with a rubber-padded platform that helps in preventing scratches and protects your machine.
- Hydraulic Mechanism: There is a non-slip foot pedal in this lawn mower lift, which helps in lifting the load without any effort. You can easily use the foot pedal to raise the mower. It works on the hydraulic mechanism and has a non-slip foot pedal.
- Adjustable Wheel Span: This mower lift has an adjustable wheel span that allows for the lifting of various types of mowers.
- This mower works on the hydraulic lifting mechanism to lift the mower by a non-slip foot pedal.
- The parts of the mower lift are easy to assemble and use.
- It is suitable for small-sized riding mowers.
- It has an adjustable wheel span and can lift the mower with any size.
- This mower lift is not suitable for large mowers.
3. MoJack 45001
The 45001 EZ Max by MoJack is a 24-inch collapsible lawn mower lifting jack. It has a fantastic clutch system to lift load easily and provides an automatic safety system with a smooth handle. The clutch system helps in giving the correct torque at the time of lifting, as well as a heavy-duty garden mower or tractor. The weight lifting capacity of the front of the mower is 450 lbs and not the total weight of the mower. It can lift it to a height of 24 inches. The measurement of the wheel span ranges from 18.5 to 47.5 inches to fit most of the residential tractor and ZTR mowers. Check out its other features.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of the mower lift is 48 x 38 x 45 inches, which makes it big enough to hold large mowers at a time. It is strong enough, as it can hold a mower with a substantial weight.
- Screw Jack and Safety-lock Pin System: This system allows you to prevent the mower from slipping off from the lift or secure it from getting unstable. It locks the mower and does not let it slip.
- Hand Crank: You can lift the mower by using a hand crank, which helps in raising the height of the mower. It does not include the power drill for the lifting process.
- Foldable: One can easily fold the mower lift and make it compact. You can store it in any small or compact storage space without any problem.
- Lifting Height: One can raise the mower at a maximum height of 24 inches. This height is significant for better cleaning and maintenance of the garden mower.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: This mower lift can hold the capacity of 450 lbs, which means that it can lift heavy mowers easily.
- Warranty: This mower lift comes with a limited warranty of 2 years on its various parts and the company’s 24×7 customer assistance.
- It has a high weight lifting capacity of 450 lbs.
- It is easy to fold and store it in a small place.
- The manufacturer of the mower lift provides a warranty for only two years.
4. Pro-LifT T-5305
It is also one of the best lawn mower lifts with a lifting capacity of 500 pounds. It is solid, as it is made with robust welded steel, which can last for a long time. It includes steel-made wheels for providing stronger stability. The robust latches, along with dual locking support, help in the safe lifting of the mower. There are several exciting features that you must consider.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: This mower lift is strong enough that it has a weight lifting capacity of 500 lbs. It is made with solid steel, along with four steel-made wheels that make it more robust. It can hold heavy mowers easily.
- Lifting Height: The lifting height of the mower lift is also good. It can raise the mower to more than a 26-inch height. It provides ample space for maintenance and cleaning processes like the replacement of blades, cleaning the debris, changing of oil, and many more.
- Wheel Span: It has an adjustable wheel span, which ranges from 19 ¼ to 42 ½ inches. The adjustable wheel span is suitable for most of the zero-turn garden tractors, ATVs, riding mowers, and push mowers.
- Easy to Lift: It is easy to position the mower tires securely on the wheel baskets. It centers the load on the mower lift. You can lower the lift by raising the platform slightly to disengage the Height Locking Levers. After that, you can release the knob carefully and release the valve counterclockwise to lower the load slowly.
- Warranty: This Pro-LifT model comes with a 90 days limited warranty from the purchase date. If there is any defect in the material or quality under normal usage, then the company will repair or replace it.
- This mower lift is easy to operate.
- One can easily assemble the different parts of the mower lift.
- The wheel baskets included with the lift helps in keeping the system stable.
- It has a hydraulic cylinder that can smoothly and slowly lift and lowers the mower.
- It includes height locking levers to lock the mowers from slipping off.
- This garden mower lift comes in a single design.
5. MoJack ZR
MoJack ZR lift is used to raise the front of the residential lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. It provides stability through a scissor lift. This ZR Lift has a maximum load capacity of 250 lbs, which can raise the front of the residential zero-turn mower or lawn tractor at a maximum height of 20 inches. You can adjust the wheel pads that range from 17.5 to 45 inches between the outside front tires. It can easily fold to a flat position of 5.75 inches for easy storage. Check out its other features in detail.
- Safe and Reliable Mower Jack: It is the safest and reliable mower lift for repairing and maintenance. It can raise the front of the residential zero-turn mowers, or garden tractors that are small in size and lightweight.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: This mower lift can hold the mower of up to 250 lbs. It can hold the weight of the front axle and not the entire weight of the mower. It can raise the mower at a height of 20 inches.
- Unique Design: It comes with a unique design to provide extra stability. The scissor lift offers an easy lift only by a single hand. One can also use a power drill to lift the mower.
- Adjustable Wheel Pads: This mower lift comes with adjustable wheel pads for holding the front tires safely and securely in place. It is suitable for mowers with the outside front tires, which ranges from 34 to 43.5 inches.
- Foldable: One can easily fold it flat for easy and compact storage. It can be folded easily to a flat position of 5.75 inches in height.
- It has an adjustable wheel span, which measures from 17.5 to 43.5 inches.
- One can easily fold it flat for storing it in a compact space.
- It comes with a limited warranty for two years for residential use.
- It can hold only small-sized lawn mowers.
- This garden mower lift comes in a high range.
6. Larin LMLF-750
This mower lift is manufactured in China, which comes in an attractive red color. It can lift to a height of 26 inches, with a total weight capacity of 750 pounds. It can hold heavy zero-turn mowers or garden tractors. You can easily clean the debris, replace the belt, and sharpen the blades. Consider other features of this product before buying for yourself.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: This mower lift has a lifting capacity of 750 pounds. It means that it can carry heavy garden tractors easily.
- Lifting Height: It can raise the lawn tractor to a height of 26 inches, which is enough for cleaning and maintenance.
- Convertible to Mechanical Jack: One can easily convert this equipment to a mechanical jack, which can carry a weight of 4600 pounds. It means that it can lift cars as well as trucks.
- Easy to Operate: It is simple to assemble the parts of the mower lift and can be operated with ease.
- Safety Pins: It has safety pins that help in locking the lift equipment in place. It does not move a bit – even at the time of lifting the garden mower.
- It has a high weight lifting capacity, as it can lift heavy lawn tractors.
- This mower lift is a bit costly equipment.
7. MoJack HDL
The HDL lawn mower lift by MoJack allows maintenance of lawn mowers – like belt replacement, blade sharpening, as well as the removal of debris. It has a front load lifting capacity of 500 lbs. It comes with adjustable wheel pads for lifting residential riding lawn tractors and ZTR mowers. It can raise the mower to 24 inches for easy and safe maintenance. There are numerous features that you must read.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: This lawn tractor lift is capable enough to lift the mower with a maximum weight of 500 pounds.
- Lifting Height: This mower lift can raise the tractor to the height of 24 inches. It will be easy for the user to clean and repair the mower.
- Foldable: One can easily fold this lift to flat for storing it in a compact space. It becomes very small after folding and can be stored in a garage or any little place.
- Braking System: It has a braking system that helps in providing safety to the user. It does not allow the jack to slip at the time of lifting the mower.
- Easy to Operate: The parts of the mower are easy to assemble and can be operated with ease.
- Hydraulic System: It is designed with a slow and descent hydraulic cylinder, which helps in lowering the height of the mower easily, safely, and smoothly.
- This mower lift can hold heavy mowers, as it can lift a maximum capacity of 500 lbs.
- The hydraulic system helps in lifting and lowering the mower smoothly.
- The company does not provide a warranty for sufficient time.
It is easy to assemble and the best lawn mower lift, which includes efficient height adjustments. The stand is built with heavy steel material, which makes it very sturdy and robust. There are many exciting features that you should go through in detail.
- Easy Installation: This push lawn mower lift is effortless to assemble its parts. One can easily use this equipment after installing it in a few minutes.
- Frame: The frame of the lift is made with heavy steel, which makes it very sturdy as well as stable. It can hold heavy mowers easily without slipping off.
- Height Adjustment Key: There is an adjustment key that is used to adjust the height of the lift to provide a better angle for the maintenance.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: This lawn mower lift can withstand the weight up to 110 lbs. It can carry small and lightweight mowers.
- Warranty: This mower lift comes with a limited warranty of 3 years.
- The height of lifting the mower can be adjusted easily by using a Height Adjustment Key.
- This equipment to clean and repair the mower comes with a limited warranty of 3 years.
- It cannot lift large and heavy garden mowers.
9. Troy-Bilt 45700
The Troy-Bilt model is a fantastic mower lift which has a unique clutch system for lifting easily. It includes an automatic safety system along with a smooth release handle. The clutch system helps in providing the right torque at the time of lifting light or heavy lawn mowers or tractors. Check out its other features in detail.
- Clutch System: This mower lift comes with a fantastic clutch system that helps you in lifting the mower easily. It provides an automatic safety system for raising without any slip.
- Front-load Weight Lifting Capacity: This mower lift can carry a mower with weight up to 500lbs. It can lift to a height of 24 inches, which helps a user to repair and clean the mower easily.
- Suitability: This equipment is suitable for most of the residential as well as zero-turn mowers or tractors.
- Foldable: This mower lift can be folded easily. It becomes flat and can be stored in a compact-sized area.
- Wheel Span: The measurement of the wheel span in this mower lift ranges from 18.5 to 47.5 inches.
- It has an excellent lifting weight capacity, as it can carry heavy mowers easily.
- It is easy to fold and can be stored in a compact area.
- This mower lift comes at a high price.
10. Pro-LifT T-5501
This model by Pro-Lift is the best lawn mower lift for the maintenance of garden or zero-turn mowers. You can do various tasks like oil changing, debris clearing, and replacing blades, etc. and many more. It is hydraulically as well as air-powered lift. It is made with heavy-duty welded steel that provides durability. It is simple to assemble, use, and store. One can save money, time, and effort by using this lawn mower lift.
- Lift from Any Side: This mower lift can raise every part of the mower. It can be the front, rear, and the deck side of the mower.
- Weight Lifting Capacity: It can carry a maximum weight of 750 lbs. It means that it can carry large and heavy lawn mowers easily.
- Width of the Wheels: The wheels width of up to 55.5 inches can easily fit on the platform of the mower lift.
- Dual Positive Locking Mechanism: This system helps to lock the mower lift, so that it does not slip at the time of lifting the mower on it.
- Rubber Saddles: It comes with rubber-made saddles that helps in preventing unwanted movement of wheels and also prevents scratches on the mower.
- Wheels: It has four wheels, which are made with steel for sturdy mobility. It includes two rear swivel casters to position easily and accurately.
- The mower lift comes with an automatic mechanical locking system to lock the lift, and prevents unwanted wheel movement.
- It helps in lifting the mower effortlessly.
- The performance of the mower lift is not up to mark.
FAQs on Lawn Mower Lifts
1. What Is The Method To Raise The Lawn Mower?
Firstly, you need to pull the height adjustment lever in an outward direction towards the wheel in an electric mower. Now, move the lever to the higher number to the rear of the deck for higher cutting height. Then, adjust the lever of the lift to the front of the deck to a smaller number for shorter cutting height.
2. Is It Important To Lower The Front Of A Push Mower Than The Rear?
It is a normal thing for most of the mowers. The mower deck’s front side should be lower than the rear side, because only the blade is used to cut the grass. If the blades are evenly leveled, then it will not drag the grass towards the blade and will not bog the engine down.
Best Lawn Mower Lifts – The Bottom Line
It is necessary to clean, repair, and maintain the lawn mower with time. This equipment to lift the garden mower at a certain height is required to be bought, because it provides more flexibility to the user to do his tasks more efficiently.
After considering all the factors, products, etc., you have cleared all your doubts about the best lawn mower lifts that are in high demand. You can buy the desired one after comparing your lawn mower’s requirements. You should make a one-time investment after thinking and considering each and everything about the jacks available to lift yard mowers.