People do not have to worry about changing oil, spark plugs, to spill gas, and filters anymore. The best, as well as the new way by which you can now maintain your lawn, is by buying the best electric riding lawn mowers.
By using these lawnmowers, people would no longer need to go through all the hassles that they faced while using traditional gas mowers.
In case you are worried about nature and global warming, then using the best electric riding lawn mower is going to be the perfect decision for you when it comes to lawn care tools. They are energy efficient and super powerful too.
They can be used on lawns of any size, as they allow the users to move around their yard quickly. One significant advantage of using an electric riding lawn mower is that it is not at all expensive.
Due to the competitive market, the manufacturers always aim at launching products at an affordable cost. So, in this buyer’s guide, you would come across some of the best functional and affordable electric riding lawn mowers, which you can use for your lawn maintenance.
But first, we will talk about the essential factors that you should consider an electric riding lawn mower before you buy one.
Things To Consider Before Buying Electric Riding Lawn Mowers
The idea of selecting the best electric riding lawn mower might seem a little overwhelming because of all the million available options. However, choosing the perfect lawnmower for yourself can be the most straight-forward job when you know about the qualities that you should look at an electric riding mower.
Electric Riding Mower
There are specific qualities that an electric riding lawn mower should have to be the best among its competitors. Hence, checking for these qualities would help you to get your perfect match in no-time.
1. The Outline Of Your Lawn
The framework of your yard would greatly determine the type of lawnmower you should buy. That means, if your yard is filled with obstacles, then you should buy a zero-turn mower. The zero-turn mowers can turn 180 degrees without the backing up. Therefore, you would not need to create any gap in-between mowing patterns.
Mowers without a zero-turn feature does not help in achieving the perfect manicured look. In addition to that, if you buy a zero-turn mower, it also helps you to get a cleaner cut and saves time. They even move faster.
Considering the strength of your engine is essential as well. The power that you would require depends on the attachments that you are using, the type of lawn that you have, and also the size of it. You can buy mowers with single cylinders or twin cylinders.
Lawnmowers with twin cylinders are more powerful, last longer, and they do not vibrate much. A powerful engine would help you to get a balanced look. However, twin-cylinder lawnmowers are only helpful if you have a massive lawn – as they are expensive.
If you have a large lawn, then you would undoubtedly require a lawnmower with enough speed so that you can mow your lawn on time. An electric mower would help you to complete your mowing task within a short period.
It helps you to cover more area in less time. Furthermore, you also need to consider the coverage of the mower that you are buying. Buy a lawnmower that includes only forty-two to fifty inches of space. That way, you would be able to cover more area at a go.
In case you do not have that big of a lawn, you can also use thirty-eight to forty inches mower.
4. Mulching and Bagging
Mowing your lawn can be a tough task. Buy a mower that would be able to handle all of the work efficiently. Ensure that the lawnmower that you are buying can bag, as well as remove the mulch when you are cutting your lawn.
Most of the models come with a bag as well as mulch attachments. In case it does not, you can always buy them separately.
5. Engine Torque
The torque of your engine is another crucial thing that you should consider before you settle down with a particular model. Finding engine torque is essential for those who mow their lawn once in a while or who have a yard that quickly overgrows.
Long and thick grasses can fail even the best of lawnmowers even they do not have enough torque. Buying a lawnmower that has a high engine torque would guarantee you with a more even and better cut.
These are the few basic things that you would have to keep in mind while looking for the best electric riding lawn mower. Now that you already know these stuff let’s check out some of the best electric riding lawn mower.
In this list, we have picked up some of the top lawn mower models that you can buy. All these models have been tested by our team of professionals, so that we can provide you with comprehensive information on the performance, features, pros, and cons of using a particular model. Let’s start with the list right away.
Top 10 Best Electric Riding Lawn mowers of 2020
1. Poulan Pro P46ZX, 46 in. 22 HP Briggs & Stratton Zero Turn Riding Mower
This zero-turn radius lawn mower by Poulan Pro offers the best performance, durability, and comfort. This is our top pick and the best electric riding lawn mower that you can find in the market. It comes with a powerful Briggs and Stratton Engine of 22 horsepower and offers a list full of amazing features making it the best product.
It comes with a dual-wheel hydro transmission that allows the user to experience maximum maneuverability. The rider can control each wheel independently so that they can move left, right, backward, and forward by just moving their arms backward and forward.
It features a forty-six inches two-bladed steel deck with a dual hydro gear drive system along with an adjustable cutting-height feature. It offers increments from one and a half inches to four inches. It also has three anti-scalp rollers and has a maximum speed of six mph.
- The deck comes with a warranty of ten years.
- It is equipped with a welded frame and durable caster wheels.
- It has an easy access panel.
- Some customers find setting up the seat of the mower a problematic process.
This is a long-lasting lawn mower that is going to stay with you for years and years. The best thing about using this model is that you would be able to trim your yard most naturally without spending much time on it. With this product, you can achieve a clean and professional look.
2. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek Automatic Riding Lawn mower
This electric riding lawn mower by Troy-Bilt comes with a sturdy structure and a powerful engine. It is comfortable to ride, as well as easy to operate. Whether you are a first-time user or a professional, you would be able to use this product without facing any hassle. A warranty of two years also backs it.
It is equipped with a Brigg and Stratton Intek engine of 19 horsepower and 540 ccs along with an automatic foot-pedal transmission. It also has a StepThru Frame and mid-back seat for providing easy in-and-out access to the operator.
The steering wheel comes with a soft-touch feature, and the foot-pedal further makes any heavy-duty job more efficient. The rear and front wheels are 15″x6″ and 20″x8″ respectively offering easy maneuverability.
- The user can adjust the lawn mower’s deck height to five different positions so that you can get your desired cut.
- It also has an integrated deck-wash system that makes cleaning up much more comfortable.
- It offers mow-in-reverse capability, single-cylinder automatic transmission, as well as standard power take-off feature to make even the toughest lawn jobs a cakewalk.
- Some customers have complained that the blade loosens up quite frequently.
- Some customers have also complained that the lawnmower jams up if the grass has a height of six inches.
This lawnmower can be used for both commercial and personal purposes. It is a powerful lawnmower, which is also very easy to install. It is safe to use. The deck rises and lowers with the push of a button. In addition to that, the deck wash feature is handy, which further makes it a deal-breaker.
3. Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER 28 inch 11.5 HP 344cc Rear Engine Riding Mower 2691525
This riding mower by Snapper comes in a bright green color and a classic ergonomic design that makes it look very stylish. This is one of the top-notch products that you would find in the market. A significant advantage of using this model is that it is not too big, which allows the user to store it easily in their garage.
It comes with a rear engine that features a sleek straight-forward design. The controls are easy to reach, which further adds to the simplicity of the lawnmower. It also comes with a convenient and effective five-speed disc drive system.
The vertical stand-on-edge capability allows the mower to take up less space and is also easy to maintain. It is also complemented with a power built four-cycle OHV engine by Briggs and Stratton of 11.5 horsepower.
- It can move around trees and all the other obstacles without facing many difficulties.
- The speed control is terrific, where the user can change to their desired speed within a snap.
- It offers an excellent fuel capacity.
- Some customers have reported that the safety feature can be quite tricky to learn.
- Some customers have also reported that the fuel escapes through the gas cap.
This lawnmower can make your lawn look like it has been manicured by a professional. With this model, you can easily maintain your lawn without spending a lot of time or effort behind it. It also mulches grass very effectively. It is also fun to ride this mower.
4. Ryobi 38 inches 100 Ah Battery Electric Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower RY48111
Ryobi has yet again impressed us with another powerful lawnmower of 48 volts. It is powered by lead-acid batteries of 100Ah, which offers a run time of near about three hours. It has a beasty outlook and comes to an exotic color combination of balk and green. It helps the user to mow their lawn smartly without sweating even a single drop.
It is equipped with a two-blade deck of thirty-eight inches and offers twelve-position manual deck adjustment for getting a clean and level cut on the lawn. It provides a “Quite Cutting” feature that emits 70dB of noise during cutting sessions. This way, you would be able to work quietly without disturbing neighbors.
It is also equipped with powerful LED headlights, cruise control features, and a USB phone charger that makes mowing a convenient and efficient job as well. It can efficiently work on 2.5 acres of land without any break whatsoever.
- It has three brushless motors for offering superior power as well as performance.
- It can be easily charged through a standard power outlet of 120 Volts.
- It moves smoothly even when you are going downhill.
- It can only incline a maximum of ten to fifteen percent. If you try to tilt it more, it will spin the wheels.
- Some customers have reported that it does a poor mowing job.
This lawn mower is perfect for those who do not want to pollute the environment. It operates on battery power. Hence there is no fuel emission. It also looks very cool, unlike its contemporaries.
You can use it on your dumpy lawn without feeling even a tad bit of difficulty. You can charge it once, and it can perform heavy-duty tasks for long hours.
5. Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 25HP 54-Inch Zero-Turn Mower
With this bad-boy Mustang, you can now mow your lawn in your desired way easily and quickly. It is a zero-turn mower that comes with a limited residential warranty of three years, along with a limited but lifetime frame warranty.
It comes with a robust engine and comfortable structure, which allows the user to operate it in the most hassle-free manner.
Users can operate the lawnmower at a speed of about seven mph when moving forward, and a rate of around 2.5 mph when going to a reverse position. For safe operation, it also comes with a reverse mow control. The floating front axle, along with the fuel site gauge, further adds to the convenience.
It comes with a massive deck of fifty-four inches, which offers high performance. It also provides dual deck wash, which helps the user to complete the cleaning up process efficiently. It is powered by a Briggs and Stratton Intek Twin-Cylinder Engine of 25 horsepower, along with an oil filter.
- For providing the ultimate performance, it is equipped with an amazing dual hydro-static transmission.
- It has a high-back and comfortable seat, which is complemented with high-quality dual suspension springs.
- To offer a longer bearing life, it comes with greaseable and reliable front caster wheels.
- It is expensive.
- It is heavy, which might be a problem for some users.
This lawnmower can be used for cutting for about five acres of land in one go. It is not very hectic to use or maintain the machine. It is sturdy, and it can work for long hours, even when performing heavy-duty tasks.
6. Husqvarna YTH24V54 54 in. 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Riding Mower
This is one of the best electric riding lawn mower by Husqvarna. It comes in a quirky color combination of orange and black. It is an extremely versatile model, and it can be teamed up with various towable accessories along with a mulch kit.
Which helps in providing adequate lawn fertilization. It comes with various advanced features that take mowing to another level.
It features a ready-to-start Intek V-Twin engine by Briggs and Stratton of 24 horsepower. The foot-pedal operated hydro-static transmission offers the user to change the direction and speed of the lawnmower, while keeping both hands steady on the steering wheel. This feature provides optimum driving control.
It offers a tight turning radius of 16 inches that allows the user to mow even in tight spaces while navigating around obstacles. The high-back seat is fifteen inches, which can be adjusted. It also features an easy step-through design and an ergonomic steering wheel.
- Users are provided with comfortable and smooth operation.
- It comes with a triple-blade of fifty-four inches, which reinforces the cutting deck with advanced air-induction technology, along with four anti-scalp wheels.
- The user has the option to turn-on the mower deck by just pulling a switch.
- The gas tank is located at the front of the engine. It is also small in size.
- Some customers have complained that it continually keeps on breaking and requires frequent repairs.
- Some customers have complained that the blades do not work effectively.
This lawnmower comes in a compact size which offers easy maneuverability and does not require a lot of storage space. It is complemented with various quirky features, and the lawnmower is comfortable and straightforward to operate.
The air induction technology further improves the airflow inside the deck and helps in ensuring a consistent and clean cut. It is overall a good buy.
7. Husqvarna YTH18542 42 in 18.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Riding Mower
This heavy-duty lawn mower is one of the best electric riding lawn mowers by Husqvarna. With premium performance, users are offered quality results. This lawnmower is compact, which provides them with extreme maneuverability and less storage space.
It is complemented with various jaw-dropping features, which makes this lawnmower a must buy. It comes in a color combination of tangy orange and jet black, which gives it a defined look.
It comes with a powerful engine of 18.5 horsepower. The foot-pedal operated hydro-static transmission provides the user to change the direction and speed of the lawnmower without removing their hands from the steering wheel.
The reverse operating system provides the operator with the option to mow the lawn in reverse by merely turning a switch. The reinforced cutting deck of forty-two inches is complemented with air-induction technology, which further makes it the perfect lawnmower.
- It comes with dual anti-scalp wheels.
- The mid-back seat is thirteen inches, which can be adjustable depending on the user’s desire.
- It also features an easy step-through design that provides smooth operation and comfort.
- It does not come with additional attachments, like a bagger.
- Compared to all the features it provides, it is expensive.
This lawnmower has a metal casting, which means it’s going to stay with you for a long time. You can use this for both heavy-duty and standard work purposes.
Since it is comfortable to use, you would not feel any agony even if you operate this for long hours. However, you can also look for other lawnmowers that can offer more at the same price.
8. Husqvarna LGT54DXL 54″ 25HP Kohler Garden Tractor 960430261
This lawn mower by Husqvarna is the perfect match for those who are looking for a product that can provide them with a professional output. Even though it might seem significant, the lawnmower does not eat much space in the garage.
This is a highly versatile model, and the users also have the option to add various attachments to it for helping them complete their mowing job in the fastest and simplest way possible.
It is equipped with a Kohler 7000 Series Engine of 25 horsepower. It is a V-Twin and 4-cycle engine that provides extreme power every time it is used. The robust engine also helps in delivering top-notch quality work.
With the help of the Clear Cut Fabricated and regular cutting deck, the user can mow efficiently. This feature not only offers provides rock reliable durability and performance, but also extreme efficiency.
- It comes with a front tube bumper.
- It has a lever-operated hydro-static transmission.
- It comes with an ergonomic seating arrangement and steering wheel, which makes using this tractor comfortable and straightforward to operate.
- Some customers have faced warranty issues with the product.
- Few other customers have complained that the product came in an awful packaging which left it with few bumps.
- It is expensive.
People who are looking for a high-performance lawn mower and they are ready to pay a handsome amount, can buy this product. This lawnmower not only looks good, but it performs well as well. People can use this tractor for long hours without getting heated up or even slowing down.
9. Husqvarna TS354XD (54″) 26HP Kohler Lawn Tractor 960430290
The best thing about using this lawnmower is that it provides maximum productivity with the nearly set need for maintenance. It is by far one of the most comfortable lawn mowers which you can use.
It features a Kohler 7000 series V-Twin engine of 26 horsepower that delivers the perfect torque and power that is needed for demanding operations. The high-back seats are not only comfortable, but they also come with armrests.
The commercial-grade and pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission, along with an electric locking differential, provides increased traction even on inclines as well as wet conditions.
- It comes with bright LED headlights, which allows the user to mow even in the dark.
- The ClearCut fifty-four inches fabricated cutting deck offers a ten-gauge steel construction along with welded reinforcement that provides better durability.
- Users can attach extra equipment like a snow blade or a blower to use this lawnmower for multiple purposes.
- It is expensive.
- Some customers have complained that they had received a damaged product at first.
- There is no cutout on the frame that allows the user to check the fuel left in the tank.
The entire structure of the lawnmower is sturdy, which allows the user to rely on it for heavy-duty jobs. It can be used anytime, irrespective of the season that you are using it in. Users are highly impressed with its reverse feature, which allows them to cut any grass they have mistakenly left out.
10. RedMax New RZT48 48″ Deck Riding Zero-Turn Mower with 23Hp Kawasaki Engine
Last but not least, this zero-turn lawn mower is something you should check out if you are looking for the best electric riding lawn mower. This lawn mower by RedMax provides a homeowner with the opportunity to mow their lawn like a professional. Even though it is specifically a residential unit, it offers results that can beat some of the best-known professional models.
It features a Kawasaki engine with twin cylinders and an engine cooling feature. The engine works well with any standard gasoline. The fuel tank is located at the side of the engine, and has a capacity of 3.5 gallons.
It comes with a hydro-gear transmission drive system specs. The cutting deck is ten-gauge fabricated with various cutting methods like side discharge, mulch, and collect. The cutting deck is made up of steel. The blade engagement has an electric clutch with three pairs of blades.
- The hydraulic wheel-drive offers very precise maneuvering, which the users can quickly achieve without facing any hassle whatsoever.
- It comes with an ergonomic control panel that places everything near the fingertips of the users, providing them with better access.
- Some customers have complained that they have faced a problem with the warranty policy of the product.
- It is expensive.
This lawnmower is one of the best electric riding lawn mowers that you can buy for your home. The tubular frame of the lawnmower assures long-term durability and a comfortable riding experience. It can be paired with any mowing attachments to cater to any mowing requirements. Hence, it is overall a good buy.
Best Electric Riding Lawn Mowers – Your pick?
This was our complete list of the ten best electric riding lawn mowers that you can choose. All of these products are highly recommended, as they can cater to any work requirements under any circumstances.
Some of these products can be used for commercial purposes, some for personal purposes, and some can be used for both, personal and business purposes.
One thing that you should keep in mind, is that you have to figure out your work requirements first – before you settle down with a specific model. By following this method, you would be able to pick the perfect choice from our list. Happy shopping!