|1. Greenworks||2. Dewalt||3. Honda|
The mowing season is back again, and you are looking for the best commercial lawn mower. Well, you are in the perfect place. Here, we are going to help you to find the ideal lawn tool which supports you to do your mowing jobs easily and at a faster rate.
There are several types of mowers that you can find in the market. Selecting the perfect one can be a difficult decision. When mowing is your job, you have to ensure that the machine that you are investigating in will cater to your job requirements. For professionals, commercial-grade tools would be a perfect choice.
The best thing is that you do not have to worry about how you will find the perfect mower for yourself. We have created a guide that will help you not only to find the best commercial lawn mower, but it would also provide you with the required basic knowledge that you need to know about lawn mowers.
However, before we start with the list, let’s talk about a few essential things to ensure that you have the necessary knowledge.
Different Types Of Lawn Mowers
All lawn mowers work the same, and they cut grass. However, there are different kinds of lawn mowers that you will find in the market. All of them are made differently, and they offer various functions and features. There are a total of 17 different types of mowers. Here, we will only talk about some of the basic types which are more famous and are widely used by people daily.
1. Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
It is most commonly used mower compared to all the others which you find. It does not drive itself entirely. The user needs to steer it and guide it in the direction that they want to go.
However, due to the transmission system, the user doesn’t need to push the equipment for moving it around the yard. It is self-propelled, and it can propel itself forward. These types of mowers need to be maintained carefully, and they are more costly than their contemporaries.
2. Push Lawn Mower
This type of mower gets its primary power from the user. A push mower is equipped with engines of different types. However, the power is used for cutting the grass and not pushing the machine. The user drives it in the desired direction. In case you do not mind the extra exercise that you need to do while operating this mower, then this can be the right choice for you.
The weight of these mowers differ, but they typically range from 60 to 70 pounds. You will find incredibly lightweight models, and you will also find heavy models. When you are buying the product online, it is better that you check the weight from the product specifications written on the website.
3. Reel Mower
This product is the perfect match for people who are environmentalists. These mowers are not equipped with an engine; hence, there is no use of electricity, oil, or gas. In addition to that, they also do not produce a lot of noise. The best thing about using this mower is that it does not rip the grass.
It cuts the blades of grass, which makes your lawn look manicured and healthy. The only disadvantage of using this mower is that you need to have a lot of physical strength. You would also need to mow your lawn twice a week to keep it maintained.
4. Riding Lawn Mowers
The riding lawn mowers are of two types, zero-turn riding lawn mowers, and standard riding lawn mowers. The standard ones come with the steering wheel, which offers maximum maneuverability and comfort. They can provide a clean and precise cut which would make your lawn look beautiful.
The second type of riding lawn mower has been explicitly engineered for turning tightly and performing well despite turns and obstacles. These mowers allow the user to cut the grass from nearly it’s roots.
5. Robotic Lawn Mowers
Just like robotic vacuums, these are robotic lawn mowers. The best thing about using this robotic lawn mower is that the user would be able to relax in their hammock and sip some juice while they look over their mower working.
To make it work, you would have to install a boundary wire. Then it would work within the working area that you established. These mowers are exceptionally quiet, and you can work with them whenever you have time. All you have to do with this program then, and they would clip the grass accordingly to your commands.
6. Hover Lawn Mower
This type of mower is almost gravity-defying, and it rides on an air cushion. Apart from moving forward and backward, they can also move from side-to-side. This feature allows them to work great, even in the most awkward spots that most of mowers cannot get around.
They are straightforward to maneuver, which adds an extra advantage of using this mower. However, people who are habituated by working with mowers with rotary blades and wheels would find it difficult to use this one. Hover mowers perform and work differently than other mowers.
Lawn Mower Power Types
There is a large variety of options available when it comes to choosing the power of the mower. There are generally four power types. All of them are mentioned below.
1. Battery Power
Battery-powered mowers are much quieter and lighter than gas-powered mowers. These mowers have to charge before they can be used. Most of the times, the battery lasts for an hour or so.
Some models come along with a battery, while for others you need to buy it separately. The users need to change the battery after using it for a few years or when required.
2. Electric Power
The electric posted mowers can be divided into cordless and corded mowers. For corded mowers, the users need to keep them plugged in when they are using them, and in case of cordless mowers, there is no scene of any wires. Electric-powered mowers are convenient to use, easy to maintain, lightweight, and quieter.
The disadvantage is that users might find it challenging to work with corded mowers as they come with a lot of wires. An excellent electric cordless mower comes with a supreme quality battery that does not drain quickly.
3. Gas Power
As long as you are filling it with gas and maintaining it correctly, this type of mower would keep on providing you excellent performance, along with enhanced longevity. The only disadvantage is that they are loud. However, they are compelling, and they can easily cut through tough and long grass nearly effortlessly.
4. Manual Power
As the name goes, here, the user is the only one that provides power to the machine. The user needs to push it toward the direction that they want to mow. Some manual mowers provide you with momentum, while others do not.
At the end of the day, whichever mower that you choose, you have to ensure that you maintain it carefully for it to last long and provide you with the required performance.
Features That You Should Look For In A Commercial Lawn Mower
Since you are looking for commercial lawn mowers, you must know that the best ones are zero-turn lawn mowers. This type of lawn mowers can maneuver easily, and they also work much faster than their contemporaries
However, narrowing down your pick to the best model among the several hundred available in the market can be time-consuming and confusing. To separate the best commercial lawn mower from the bad ones, you have to look for specific features in the product. Here is a shortlist of a few features that you should look for when you are buying a commercial lawn mower.
The performance of the lawn mower depends on the engine that it has. Lawn mowers that come with a powerful engine will deliver a better performance.
However, the problem is, lawn mowers which come with a powerful engine are generally expensive. For example, a lawn mower that has an engine of more than thirty horsepower would be costlier than the mower, which comes with an engine of 16 horsepower.
You also have to keep in mind that high-powered mowers require more amount of fuel. People who buy commercial mowers are generally professionals, and they need to save money on fuel. Hence, in that case, you can go for a lawn mower with moderate horsepower.
But, if you have to mow vast acres of land regularly or you have to deal with an overgrown lawn with weeds or tiny bushes, then you are required to buy a powerful machine with high horsepower.
Hence, before you buy the mower, you have to think about your mowing tasks and the type of situation that you deal with, to buy the perfect product for yourself.
2. Blade Width
Large blades will no doubt provide you with a better cut. In addition to that, with large cutting blades, you would also be able to mow a large area quickly. However, that is only true when you are working in an even surface which does not have any obstacles.
For instance, if you are mowing a golf court that has various obstacles in it like hills and likewise, then the large blades will reduce the maneuverability of the mower. Again you have to consider the mowing projects that you generally cater to for making the correct decision.
3. Additional Features
People who buy commercial lawn mowers look for plenty of extra features that might seem unimportant to homeowners, but they are of high importance to the professionals.
For example, there is some mower that comes with built-in grass catchers. This feature helps the user by saving a lot of time and effort, which they would have otherwise spent on collecting the grass they have just cut.
Furthermore, some mowers even feature adjustable cutting areas, which allow the user to change the blades within a fraction of seconds. This way, you would be able to mow different kinds of surfaces without leaving the deck every time.
There are various other features as well, which helps in improving the comfort of the user, such as phone charges, tablet holders, cup holders, and more.
4. Level Of Comfort
The level of comfort is essential – for both beginners and professionals. Some mowing jobs might require a lot of effort and time. Hence if you are not comfortable with the mower that you are working with, you would not be able to work at all.
Especially if you have to do mowing jobs regularly. There is no point in spending a lot of money behind a mower, which you would not be able to use full-time if it’s causing you discomfort. There are unique designs which help in improving the level of comfort for the user, such as smooth grip, headlights, gadgets, and more.
5. Durability And Quality
Another essential fact that you need to pay your attention to when you are selecting the mower, is the build quality of it. Since you are a professional and you would be involved in heavy-duty jobs, you have to ensure that you do not buy a poor quality, which would stop working all of a sudden. Check for premium-quality materials when you are looking at the building material of the mower.
Warranty is another essential factor that you should keep in mind. Always buy a lawn mower, which is backed by a minimum guarantee of one to two years. In addition to that, you should also check the warranty policy of the manufacturer before you buy the product.
The advantage of purchasing a product that comes under warranty, is that it would save you from any additional and surprise extra cost. This problem arises when the mower suddenly stops working, or some damage has been done to it.
You should also check what the warranty covers and what it does not cover before you buy the product. This way, you would have a clear idea of what you are letting yourself.
7. Price Tag
Lastly, you have to look at the price of the mower as well. When you are a professional, sure – the most expensive lawn mower would be the best option for you. However, there is no point in spending a lot of money behind a machine more than ineeded.
Since there are already a lot of mowers that are available in the market, you have the option to compare all of their features, functions, and price range. This way you would be able to buy a mower which meets all of your requirements, and it also would not cost as much.
Hence, these are the few features that you should think about when you are looking for the best commercial lawn mower.
Benefits Of Using A Zero-Turn Mower
Most professionals have started using zero-turn mowers because of good reasons. These popular and agile machines offer various benefits that their contemporary ride-on lawn mowers cannot match. Some of the benefits are as follows :
As their name implies, the zero-turn mowers do not have to perform heavy-duty multiple-point turns for moving around. These types of mowers possess a transaxle on both of the wheels. This feature allows the user to walk around with a pull of the level or by simply pushing.
Hence, one wheel of the mower can move forward, and the other can move backward at the same time. This feature allows the mower to have a smooth and effortless spin. It also helps in providing a clean and even cut.
Users can not only reach in tighter spaces with this mower, but they also help in reducing the mowing duration in half. Users no longer have to move up and down their lawns for mowing it. They can smoothly glide across their lawn, garden, or yard. They can even quickly mow around garden beds, houses, shades, and trees. It helps in saving a lot of time.
Quicker mowing also helps in saving fuel and prevents your equipment from wear and tear. This feature helps you to save your money on replacement parts, repairs, and gas. This type of mower offers a higher blade speed, which helps in producing cleaner and precise cut every time you do your job. It can also cut the grass in a three hundred and sixty-degree radius, which is another handy feature.
When Should You Use The Zero-turn Mower
Professional and homeowners who work on small and medium yards, they can use a ride-on mower or a conventional walk-behind, but people who need to work on large yards, they need to have a zero-turn mower. If you are wondering whether you should buy a zero-turn mower or not or whether it is required, then check the points below.
1. Working Conditions
If you have a large yard and you have to mow frequently, then you can use this type of mower. You would enjoy its time-saving capabilities and the convenience that it provides. In case you have a small yard, you can even buy a residential zero-turn mower. People who have various garden obstacles such as flower beds, trees, islands, and bushes, would appreciate this type of mower.
2. Type Of Result
If you are looking for a lawn mower that will give you a precise and clean-cut, then this mower would provide you with a beautiful looking and even yard. With this mower, you can accurately and effortlessly cut carefully around delicate areas. You can just put half the effort and get the best result within a short span of time.
Safety Tips That You Should Follow While Using A Mower
Anybody can but a lawn mower and use it to give their yard an excellent look. What most people do not know is how to use their mowers safely. Some people think that since they have been mowing for decades without coming across any injury, they do not need to follow essential safety tips.
However, that notion is entirely wrong. It is necessary to follow some essential safety tips when you are using a mower. Some of them are as follows:
1. Wear Appropriate Footwear
When you are mowing your lawn, sandals are not the proper footwear. It is not because the spinning blade cannot slash through a boot or leather shoes, it because it can. Sandals are not appropriate footwear because they are less stable.
A stumble, slip, or trip can cause the user to get in contact with the hot or moving parts. Situations like this can cause serious injury to the user. The sandals even increase the odds of hurting a toe when the user is mounting a zero-turn mower or a riding mower.
2. Look Out For The Kids
When you are pushing or driving the lawn mower around the yard, ensure that your kids are not around you. Keep the toddlers inside the house when you are carrying out your mowing activities.
If your kids have reached the age of 12, then only you can teach them how they can operate a push mower. If they have reached the age of 16, then they can run a ride-on mower. It is highly recommended not to take your kids or your grandchildren for a spin when you are riding the mower.
Lawn mowers are only designed for a single person to sit on and taking anybody extra increases any risk of injury.
3. Avoid The Yard Missiles
In case you are one of those users who prefers non-shattered windows in their neighbor’s cars and their own home, then you should pick up the sprinklers, toys, branches, stones, and all the other items before taking the mower out.
However, if you see that you have missed something, then get it right away. Do not wait until the time you have mowed down to that spot. Keeping it for later might result in you forgetting about it entirely, then – BAM!
4. Keep Away From Moving Blades
When the blades are in motion, do not unclog the chute, inspect the cutting blades, adjust the height of the wheel, it might cause you or your equipment harm. Furthermore, you should never tie-down the safety lever or disable the kill-switch.
5. Wear Hearing Protection
Recent studies have shown that people who listen to sounds ranging over 85 decibels and for long periods can fall prey to hearing damage. Since mowers can produce noise, which reaches more than a hundred decibels, it is better that you wear proper hearing protection when you are using them. In addition to that, you can also buy lawn mowers, which do not produce much noise.
6. Mind The Hills
If you are using a ride-on mower, then you have to keep in mind that most of them tend to move over sideways than back it forward. Hence you should always mow up and then down the hill. However, you can also mow the slopes sideways with the help of a push mower. This way, even if you slip, there is no chance of you falling towards the mower.
Even the mower would not roll down back at you. You should also be very careful when you are mowing on wet highs on the hills. Whatever be the machine type that you are using, mowing damp grass increases the chances of the occurrence of an accident.
7. Remove The Spark-Plug
Before you change the blades, it is better that you remove the spark-plug. In case the piston is positioned that the compression stroke’s top, then even a little bump on the blade would force piston towards the power stroke. Hence, the blade might lurch forward and whack your hand during the process.
8. Do Not Pull Backward
When you are mowing your lawn, you will face situations where you feel like pulling the mower back to redo the spot you have left behind. Never do that again. In case you slip, you would end up with the mower on top of you. Incidents like this have happened a lot of times, and it has always caused severe hazardous accidents. Hence, always be careful while operating your mower’s direction.
9. Ditch The Key
For kids, lawn mowers are big toys. Their dream is to use the equipment and pretend that they are the ones who are driving it. However, that is not the case if you have mistakenly kept the key, and your kid is traveling the yard.
Various models have been manufactured recently, and they feature a keyless ignition system. This system allows the user to start the machine by entering a code rather than using a key. This feature is beneficial when you have naughty kids in your house or the neighborhood. Moreover, you do not have to be afraid of losing your keys even.
10. Do Not Mow Gravel
When the blades are engaged, do not make the mistake of crossing over a gravel path or driveway. The blades would throw sharp and small stones to the passerby, and this can seriously hurt them. Make sure that when you are cutting the grass near the gravel path, there are no stones nearby.
These are the few safety tips that you can follow while operating the mower. You should also read the manual of the mower to ensure that you know to operate the machine. The manual also has some emergency safety precautions written in it, which you can refer to when required.
When we are here, we will ensure that you do not make the wrong decision when you are buying a commercial lawn mower.
With us, you are not going to end up with an expensive or an unreliable lawn mower, or both. We have done our share of research and experiments, and we have come up with the top 14 Best commercial lawn mowers which you can buy. So let us take a look at this list now.
Top 14 Best Commercial Lawn Mowers In 2021
1. Greenworks Pro GLM801600
This gadget is going to make your everyday landscaping work much more comfortable. It comes with some of the best features, has smooth operations, and doesn’t make any harsh noise while it is being operated. It is very convenient to use since there are no cords involved while using this gadget. You can charge it once and use it for a long time.
- The Greenworks Pro 80V 21-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower has some of the most futuristic features. It weighs only 79.5 lbs. It has a 21-inch deck made of steel along with 3-in-1 design for the mulch, and it also has a side discharge also known as rear bag capacity
- One charge lasts for up to 60 minutes because of its 4.0 AH battery. It has a brushless motor that will give it a longer running time and more power, compared to other similar gadgets.
- It also has a Smart-Cut technology, which extends its running time and at the same time, improves its total performance. The charger and battery are sold separately.
- It charges very quickly
- It has an 80V battery.
- Some customers have complained about the brushes. According to them, these brushes, which are made of graphite, eventually start to wear out and affect the motor negatively.
If you want a device that starts up immediately, creates less mess, makes less noise and vibrations – then this one is ideal for you. It comes with additional batteries and a quick charger that will charge this gadget quickly. You can do all your landscaping work with ease and comfort with this gadget’s immense power and excellent performance. This product is the best commercial lawn mower for you.
2. Dewalt DCMW220P2
This 3-in-1 Land-Mower by DEWALT is cordless and is powered by 20 batteries that deliver twice the voltage. It has a high-performance brushless motor that can provide the power output and at the same time, boost the torque in elevated overgrowth.
- It comes with mighty motors that are brushless and has two batteries with a maximum voltage of 20V, working at the same time to give excellent output. It has a three-in-one feature of bagging, mulching, and discharging from its rear end.
- It has a metal deck that is 20 inches long and can support heavy-duty work. It makes use of a single lever to adjust the height within the range of 1.5-3.4 inches.
- It comes with a folding handle that can be used for lifting it. This feature makes it easier to store and transport this mower even in small spaces. This land-mower is exceptionally compatible with 60V FLEXVOLT Battery Systems by DEWALT.
- It has combined a 3-in-1 system that makes it an ideal land-mower
- It offers easy transportation and storage feature
- It has dual high-performance 20V batteries
- Some customers have complained about their battery life.
This DEWALT Land-mower is perfect for your yard. It can do its job flawlessly on lands up to 1/4 acre wide. If you want to have the optimal performance, then you have to pair it with high capability 20V MAX DEWALT batteries.
This product is bound to give you improved runtime and ultimate compatibility. This cordless land-mower will help the user do his job quickly and in a more efficient way, without creating any mess. You can store it, change it’s height using a lever and see it work its magic on your lawn. It also comes with a 3-year limited warranty period.
3. Honda HRX217K5VKA
This Land-mower by Honda is one of it’s kind. It has an excellent output as it comes with a 4-in-1 Versamow System and has excellent ratings on online websites. The Honda HRX217K5VKA comes with a whole lot of features that make it one of the best land mowing products available in the market
- It has an excellent motor that gives a fantastic output when fully charged
- It has a 21 inches long body, made of steel, and is ideal for heavy-duty work. It is a self-propelled land-mower ideal for mulching purposes. It comes with a clip director and MicroCut Blades that allows you to cut through very tall grass.
- Both the front and the rear wheels are easy to maneuver, but the rear-wheel-drive is comparatively better than the first ones. This land-mower doesn’t lose traction – even when the bag becomes heavy or full.
- This product is straightforward to use
- The product is well-priced.
- It can be easily maneuvered.
- Some users had complaints about the new Versamow system.
You easily jog and use the land-mower at the same time. Even if you start running, it can keep pace with you. This land-mower has a remarkable mulching technology, and it doesn’t lose balance or traction even when the bag is full.
The handle and the throttle are straightforward to clench and push. Since it has a foldable handle, you can also store it easily. Therefore if you buy this product once, you’ll not have to worry for five years about purchasing any other land-mower, as it comes with a 5-year warranty.
4. Craftsman M215
This is one of the best commercial lawn mowers by Craftsman. It is a self-propelled gas-powered lawn mower that comes with a bagger. It comes in a color combination of black and red. In addition to that, it is also backed by a warranty of two years.
- It is equipped with a powerful OHV gas engine of 159 ccs, which offers auto choke and recoil. The unit also features mulching, rear discharge, and side discharge capabilities. The 8-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels consist of zag threading, which allows for more traction.
- It is also equipped with a twenty-one-inch cutting deck, which allows the user to alter the trimmings between six different heights. This feature enables the user to trim the grass according to their requirements.
- It offers variable speed with self-propelled features.
- Users can easily maneuver around, run, tip-up around level terrain.
- The cutting deck allows users to mow wide areas of grass without fewer passes.
It is a cost-effective product.
- Some customers have complained that the engine cover broke during use.
- Some customers have also complained that they have received damaged products.
This lawn mower offers some fantastic features, which makes it an ideal choice for your lawn. Whether you have a medium-sized garden or a small one, it would work marvelously on both. It comes with sturdy tires, a dual-lever and adjustable cutting height, variable speed and a self-propelled, powerful engine.
5. Craftsman CMCMW260P1
This 3-in-1 cordless push lawn mower by Craftsman is equipped with a powerful motor of 60 V, which aims to deliver high performance inside discharge, bagging, or mulching modes. It is backed by four years of limited warranty.
- It comes with a metal deck of 21-inches. This feature offers superior durability. The single-level height adjustment ranges from 1.5 inches to 4 inches. For compact storage, users can take advantage of its vertical folding position.
- The lawn mower is powered by a high-capacity lithium-ion battery of 5.0Ah that provides enough runtime for the user to mow their 1/3 acre property without taking any breaks. This lawn mower is compatible with other tools from Craftsman.
- The mower offers a comfortable transport handle, which can also be folded.
- The user can quickly determine the power of the battery with the help of the onboard LED lights.
- It offers high performance and durability. It also does not weigh much.
- It is only ideal for yards that measure a maximum of ¼ acre.
- Some customers have complained that the battery of the mower died out within thirty minutes of mowing.
- It does not come with an extra battery, which is a bummer for many users.
This mower promises quality performance and reduction of mowing time. Users can buy this mower as it comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee. That means, if the customer is not happy with the product, they can return it to the seller within ninety days of purchasing the product. If the product is in the same condition, the user would be refunded the money. This policy is convenient, as it allows the user to check the features and functions of the mower first-hand.
6. Snapper CP215520HV
This commercial lawn mower by Snapper comes with a Honda engine. This walk mower has been built to last for many seasons, and it offers fantastic heavy-duty features. It is a good buy for commercial users who are looking for a mower with ergonomic design and quirky features.
- It comes with a fourteen gauge steel deck reinforced bracing, and the steel axle can stand up to any task.
- The Hi-Vac deck will efficiently suck up the grass clippings after the cut. It has a rolled deck edge and unique blade, which can generate a good volume of air for creating an excellent suction force.
- The rear-wheel-drive allows the user to enjoy an improved walk-behind mower traction. The smooth-turn deferential also helps in ensuring easy maneuverability without causing any damage to the grass.
- Users can easily alter the height of the cut by using the adjustment handles. It offers seven different types of height adjustments ranging from 1.25 inches to 4 inches.
- The robust Honda engine can cater to any demands for rugged mowing jobs.
- It does not produce much noise during work and has a long lifeline.
- It does not feature an oil filter.
- Few customers have complained that the structure of the mower is not strong enough.
High performance, excellent results, and smooth operation are the three main features of this lawn mower. It is an excellent product for commercial use. Whether you are using it on a hilly, uneven, or a smooth surface, it would work marvelously under any condition. This mower offers a precise cut within a few minutes.
7. Oneindia RV175D
This self-propelled gas lawn mower by Oneinmil is there perfect choice for homeowners who are looking for a mower with excellent mulching capabilities, user-friendly design, and offers high-quality work. A warranty backs the lawn mower for twelve months. However, if it is bought for professional use, then the warranty stays valid for three months.
- The rear-wheel-drive systems allow the user to mow easily, but by moving the machine forward to them.
- When they are working in tight spaces, the variable-speed feature provides them with better maneuverability.
- It comes with a powerful OHV gas-powered engine of 173.9 ccs along with a 21-inch cutting deck for trimming the grass in a single quick pass. It also features an electric-start with auto choke, which allows the user to start the engine by just pushing a button.
- The 4-in-1 mulching, side discharge, and bag capabilities let the user spread the grass clippings along the side. This feature helps in returning the essential nutrients nack to the lawn so that the grass can grow thick and heavy. It also offers an 8-position height adjustment.
- Users have the option to manicure their lawn specifically with the help of the eight cutting positions, which ranges from 0.98 inches to 2.95 inches.
- The rear wheels are 10 inches, which makes it easy for the user to push the lawn mower forward.
- The mowing deck is made up of supreme quality steel.
- Some users are disappointed with the self-propelled function.
This product is highly recommended. Users do not have to go through a lot of assembly requirements for using this mower. They can fill the tank with the oil and start using it. It offers excellent power and amazing features, which will make it a perfect fit for any job requirement.
8. Honda 662300 GCV200 4-In-1
As it is one of the best commercial lawn mowers, this product is also a top performer. This product is a self-propelled lawn mower by Honda, which had an integrated select drive-speed control to provide the user with ultimate convenience, power, and comfort.
It has been designed with the most advanced features, which no longer makes mowing a tedious and time-consuming job. Now people can swiftly mow their lawn and enjoy it at the same time.
- It comes with an exclusive Honda 21 inch NeXite deck which is rust-free. It also features Micro-Cut Twin-Blade System along with 4-in-1 Versamow System comprised of clip director which allows the user to shed leaves, rear discharge, bag, or mulch.
- The reliable and powerful Honda GCV200 engine offers easy-starting. It has met 50-state CARB and EPA emissions levels of Honda’s Hydrostatic Cruise Control, which allows accurate speed control. The speed can be adjusted from 0-4 mph.
- It offers seven different mowing heights, which range from ¾ inches to 4 inches for manicuring your land to the required specifications. The wheels are of nine inches and have rear ball bearings, which provide smooth and hassle-free movement over the roughest of terrain.
- This mower can be walked behind easily.
- It is lightweight.
- It can easily cut tall grasses.
- It comes with premium quality blades, which provide an accurate cut.
- Some customers have faced issues regarding the deck and the wheels.
- Some customers have faced problems with the controls.
Since it is lightweight and comes with wheels, users can quickly move it from one place to the other. The robust engine with quirky features will surely not disappoint you. Users can use it right away after buying it.
9. Troy Bilt 12AVA2MR766
This self-propelled lawn mower by Troy-Bilt features an amazing OHV engine of 159 ccs with a check and doesn’t change the system. This system helps in eliminating oil changes.
Users can check the oil level every time they use it, and then top off when it is required. This system also helps in disposing of old oil and in the reduction of maintenance time. In addition to that, it also offers various other essential features that make this mower a good investment.
- The 1.9-bushel rear-bag collects the grass clippings, which can be later used for composting. The mower offers three types of grass clipping disposal options, such as rear-bag, mulch, and side discharge.
- Dual-lever height adjusters allow natural moderation in cutting height. In addition to that, the deck was adapter cleans the deck’s underside, as well as the yard.
- 6-position height adjustment allows the user to change the cutting heights easily. The heights can be adjusted from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- The side discharge chute has a built-in clip that is attached to the handle. This feature comes in handy.
- The mulch kit is included with the lawn mower.
- It has a rake bumper which is used for lifting the grass upright.
- Some customers have reported that the mower does not work well on uneven surfaces.
- Left-handed users might feel a bit uncomfortable while using this mower, as the control grip is on the right side.
Correct variable speed, along with front-wheel transmission makes the mower turn quickly around most of the lawn’s landscape obstacles and features. It includes various attachments with itself, which simplifies any mowing job.
Operators can use a standard garden hose for cleaning the mower after use. Overall it is a good buy for people who do not face extremely harsh mowing situations.
10. Husqvarna 967334101 MZ54S
If you are looking for the best commercial riding lawn mower, then you can stop here. This lawn mower by Husqvarna takes comfort, performance, and productivity to the next level.
The commercial-style hydraulic system, heavy-duty steel frame, and the intuitive and fantastic operator interface provide the user with the best mowing experience. It comes with a limited consumer warranty for three years.
- It features air-induction mowing technology, which helps in drawing the air from the bottom and top of the deck. It improves the grass lift and delivers a superior cut.
- Users can blindly trust on the reliable and powerful Endurance Commercial engine of 25 horsepower. The cyclonic air filtration offers a powerful and smooth performance.
- The mower’s stamped cutting deck has been reinforced with flat-stock and heavy steel for durability and added strength.
- It helps in decreasing the mowing time.
- Users do not have to grease it frequently.
- It is fun to operate the mower.
- It offers excellent gas mileage.
- Several customers have faced problems with the warranty service of Husqvarna.
- Some customers have complained that the blade is not up to the mark.
Apart from a few complications, this riding lawn mower can be the best match for you. Operating it is just like driving a car. The best thing about this mower is that beginners can efficiently run it without facing any difficulty whatsoever. It can mow big yards in just a few minutes.
11. Honda 662950
This 3-in-1 lawn mower by Honda delivers maximum performance with versatility, which makes it an ideal choice for both professionals and homeowners who like to keep their lawn maintained in the best way possible. It is provided with a robust engine which not only makes mowing an easy job, but it also prevents the user from putting a lot of effort behind a mowing job.
- High-quality GCV160 engine features a durable and sturdy 21-inch steel cutting deck that can work well in more extensive lawns and cutting paths. The MicroCut blade system helps in producing ultra-fine cutting results.
- 3-in-1 Clip Director Technology allows the user to change the grass-clipping removal with a single touch.
- The user does not need to use a mulch plug and other such attachments.
- The eight-inch wheels have rear ball bearing, which increases maneuverability and durability. The flywheel safety system can quickly kill the mower when the user releases the flywheel brake lever.
- It offers six types of adjustable mowing heights that range from 1 1/8 inches to 4 inches. This feature helps in cutting various grass lengths.
- The rugged 21-inch heavy-duty steel deck provides deck longevity.
- Users do not have to face any hassle while starting up the engine due to the auto choke system.
- However, some customers have complained that they have faced issues while starting the mower.
This lawn mower can be dependable, and it delivers the necessary power. The user can quickly drive it. Easy folding and quick release handle offer convenient storage and simple height adjustments. It is overall a reasonable product for the price that it comes at. The grass does not get caught up in mower, which is an added advantage.
12. Husqvarna Z242F
This Husqvarna riding zero-turn lawn mower cuts the grass in style. It features an ergonomic control panel along with an anti-slip foot area, which makes mowing safe and intuitive. If you are looking for an amazing and powerful grass-cutting machine, then you can go for this one.
- The Kawasaki engine of 18 horsepower provides a maximum speed of about 6.5 mph and a reliable start-up. The hydrostatic and no-maintenance transmission allows the mower to take on a wide range of cutting conditions conveniently.
- Clippings can be bagged, mulched, and discharged. The ClearCut decks provide an excellent 42-inch cut.
- Furthermore, the improved bagging system features deep deck design, high-performance, and superior airflow.
- The patent-pending park-blade system can automatically deactivate or activate when the users steer levers inward or outward.
- It does not require much assembly. The user can use the mower within thirty minutes of taking it out of the crate.
- It is compatible with both Kohler and Kawasaki engines.
- It is expensive.
This is a very simple mower that can be used by both beginners and professionals. The users do not need to do much for maintaining the mower. The zero-turn engine boasts a lot of turf-cutting muscles, which further simplifies the task of mowing.
13. Kawasaki Swisher Z3166CPKA
This zero-turn mower by Swisher can do it all. This product is one of the best commercial lawn mowers, which is as big as it comes. It is an American made mower, which is made up of fabricated steel. It comes with an endless list of features and functions, which allow it to tackle the hardest mowing jobs like a piece of cake.
- The three G6-Gator commercial-grade mulching blades can power through thick grasses and provide a clean and even manicured lawn. The electric tilt-up deck allows for easy blade maintenance.
- The commercial-grade Kawasaki engine of 31 horsepower and 999 ccs is highly robust, and fully adjustable and professional high-back suspension seat offers the user a smooth ride.
- The rapid response control technology makes steering an easy job and allows the user to keep their arms in a suitable position. The fuel LED headlights to allow enabling the user to work even when it has become dark.
- It offers a deluxe and adjustable suspension seat.
- It can be easily maintained with the help of an electric tilt-up deck and electric deck-height adjustment.
- It offers two types of blade systems.
- It is expensive.
- The buyer needs to have a lot of space for storing the mower.
- It is not recommended for very steep slopes.
This ergonomic and robust mower can work for long hours under any condition. It is equipped with two fuel tanks of 4 gallons each. It comes with a fantastic protection system that takes care of the safety of the user. It comes with big Chevron tread tires and twin commercial-grade hydro-gear transmission, which allows the user to work on steep terrain.
14. Ariens Apex 48″ 7000 Series
This riding lawn mower by Ariens comes in a bright orange color. This lawn mower features a forty-eight-inch fabricated deck, which is 5 ½ inches deep. This product is an affordable commercial lawn mower. The user can comfortably ride on the lawn mower and manicure their lawn, garden, or yard within a few minutes.
- The mowing deck is made up of ten-gauge and sturdy steel. It comes with a Kohler 7000 V-Twin 725 cc engine of 23 horsepower.
- It comes with a self-adjusting belt technology that simplifies any mowing job. The high-back and the padded seat comes with comfortable armrests that provide extra comfort and care to the user.
- Furthermore, the foot-operated deck lift offers the user with a hassle-free experience.
- It has a durable hydro-gear transmission complemented with steel-cut gears.
- It comes with electric PTO.
- The steel deck also comes with fantastic spindle ball bearings.
- It is expensive.
- Customers are required to have a suitable storing space for buying this product.
If you do not have a tight budget or a storage problem, then you can go for this product. It has all the essential features which are required for giving the grass of your lawn a clean cut. It comes with top-notch quality tires, which helps the user to maneuver the mower effortlessly.
Best Commercial Lawn Mower – Your Choice?
Here ends our brief guide for the best commercial lawn mower, which you can buy this season. You are surely now capable of making a wise decision when you will obtain a lawn mower.
In case you are a professional and you are looking for something reliable and robust, which would help you to complete your job quicker, then you will surely come across a lawn mower from our guide, which will suit all of your needs and requirements.
Here you will come across machines that are expensive, and tools that are cost-effective as well. All these mowers come with different types of features and functions which cater to different mowing requirements. So, take a look at the guide calmly and make the necessary decision.