Weeds can do some serious damage to your garden. To wave a bye to them and have lush grass in your garden, it is essential to know the best lawn weed killer.
Weeds can have adverse effects on the grass and may ruin the overall beauty of your lawn. It can be tricky to choose the best weed killer for lawn care. Our guide will help you make the right decision.
What Are Weeds?
Weeds are wild plants which grow in unwanted places. They compete with other plants for nutrition and nourishment from the soil.
So, getting rid of the weed once is not enough. It should be ensured that they don’t grow back. This is where the best lawn weed killer comes into the picture.
Crabgrass is the most common type of weed which is mostly found on the lawns and is the scourge of every lawn. There are many lawn weed killers in the market, but here we are going to talk about the best lawn weed killers which are available in the market.
While choosing the lawn weed killer, one should also keep in mind to choose the pet-friendly lawn weed killers. as your pet animals should be safe when they play on the lawn.
You should be familiar with the type of weed, so that you can choose the right product to control the weed. First of all, let’s understand what are weeds?
Weeds are unwanted plants that grow in your lawn and feed on other plants for their living. These weeds grow quickly and occupy almost the entirety of your lawn or garden.
Hence it becomes very necessary to get rid of them completely and take precautions to prevent it from growing again.
You can choose the proper lawn weed killer to get rid of these pesky and hard to control weeds, but again if you have a better knowledge about the type of weed which is growing in your lawn, then it will make your job easier. You can choose the weed killer which is best for eliminating that particular type of weed.
3 Common Types Of Weeds
There are usually three kinds of common weed flowers as per their growing characteristics. These are as follows –
Annual weeds germinate and have a lifespan of 365 days. These weeds spread by seeds. These include both cool weather and warm weather types.
The weed which grows in winter season such as chickweed, germinate in summer or early fall and tend to go dormant in winter and actively develop in spring. The weeds which grow in summer, for example lambs quarters, germinate in spring, grow all through summer and are almost gone thereafter.
Biennial weeds complete their lifestyles cycle in 2 years, germinate and form rosettes in the first year and generate flowers and seeds the second year. Some examples of biennial weeds are garlic mustard and bull thistle.
Perennial weeds are back after every 12 months and normally produce long tap roots in addition to seeds. Some of the hardest to control weeds are dandelions, plantain, and pink loosestrife, etc.
In addition to this, according to their growing type, weeds can be classified into 2 types of families
The weeds which belong to dicot families are those which have broad and large leaves and develop from the taproot.
The weeds which belong to monocot families are those which have long, narrow leaves and develop from fibrous roots.
Now you have a fair idea about the type of weeds and their families, so when you go to purchase a lawn weed killer, you can choose the lawn weed killer more wisely.
Basic Features Of Best Lawn Weed Killer
Lawn weed killers are made of chemicals that are meant to kill the plethora of weeds that are found on your lawn, without affecting the grass. The best way to keep weeds at bay is to have a healthy, water and nutrient-rich soil.
The weeds generally tend to grow on undernourished and poorly watered soil. There are many species of weeds that grow on the lawn. To combat this, the weed killers are made up of a variety of active ingredients.
Some chemicals are specific for a particular type of weed while another set of chemicals is better to control another type of weed.
Some lawn weed killers are very unselective, so they can cause damage to the grass also for which you have taken so much pain to grow. Let’s have a look at the most common type of lawn weed killer.
- Broadleaf Weed Killer
Broadleaf weeds are a particular type of weed that usually develop on the patchy elements of your garden where the grass won’t grow well.
They thrive in nutrient-deficient environments, and you can easily identify them because of the fact they look so different from the grass itself. Some of the common broadleaf weeds consist of dandelions, chickweed, ground ivy, and poison ivy.
Broadleaf weeds can be tough to combat due to the fact they’ve such varied life histories. These species may be annual, biennial, and perennial depending upon their type of growth.
In addition to this, these broadleaf weeds respond in a peculiar way to a different type of chemical compound, so broadleaf weed killers should have a wide range of active components to eliminate them from your lawn.
- Grassy and Crabgrass Weed Killer
Crabgrass is a weed that is very common and grows very fast and appears much like ordinary grass, but is large and narrow as compared to ordinary grass. Once crabgrass starts growing on your lawn it becomes very difficult to get rid of these pesky and stubborn weeds.
Crabgrass is a warm-season annual that germinates, survives and dies in the same year. This crabgrass is generally not able to survive in the winter season.
However, every plant is capable of producing about 150,000 seeds that remain dormant at some point of the winter, ready to spring up as soon as the warm weather returns.
Crabgrass requires both pre-emergence control and post-emergence control. Pre-emergence control begins with the onset of the spring season and it involves spraying weed killer all through your garden to kill crabgrass because the dormant seeds will try and germinate.
Post-emergence control requires killing the visible stalks of crabgrass. The best and effective way to control crabgrass is to prevent its seed from becoming a seed-producing plant.
These weeds are stubborn and very hard to control, so might take a lot of time, energy and effort to tackle these hard to control weeds. If you don’t do it right you might end up wasting a lot of time and energy and it will also leave a big hole in your pocket.
We understand your plight and so have compiled together some of the best lawn weed killers available in the market which are not harmful to the grass as well as they are pet-friendly.
Below mentioned are products which is a solution to all your gardening needs.
Top 20 Best Lawn Weed Killers 2020
1. RM43 43-Percent Glyphosate
This lawn weed killer helps to control unwanted vegetation on the specific land or area. These unwanted weeds compete with other plants and grasses for nutrition, so it becomes very necessary to get rid of them immediately.
Everyone wants their lawn or garden to look neat and well maintained, and are ready to spend some time and effort to make it look beautiful. So always make sure that you invest in the best lawn weed killer. RM43 43-Percent Glyphosate Plus Weed Preventer gives an instant result and will surely not disappoint you.
- This is one of the best lawn weed killers which are available in the market and which effectively treats almost 43500 square feet of land area.
- It is mainly used for total vegetation control and is most suitable for bare land
- This weed killer is ideal for usage on fence rows, parking areas, gravel paths, sidewalks driveways, around farm buildings and barns.
- This weed killer from RM43 is a combination of a surfactant and 2 lawn weed killers and is pet-friendly.
- Once sprayed its effect remains for 1 year.
- While spraying this weed killer you should take utmost care to not spray this chemical on the root system of desirable plants.
- 2.5 gallons treats almost 23500 square feet of bare land.
- This weed killer is ideal for treating large areas of land.
- It is very effective in controlling weeds and prevents them from growing.
- While spraying be careful not to spray on the desirable plants, otherwise it can damage the other plants too.
- These weed killers are made up of strong and harsh chemicals.
2. Liquid Aerating Soil Loosener
Aerated soil allows oxygen to move easily into the root balls, and it helps the water to spread evenly on the surface of the soil. Aeration helps the vital nutrients to reach more easily to all parts of the plant, thus improving its growth.
- This liquid soil loosener helps to loosen the hard and compact soil, thus allowing water to easily reach the tip of the roots.
- It acts as a soil conditioner, as it detoxifies the soil. This liquid aerating soil loosener helps to break down soil colloids, loosening clay and hard dirt.
- It helps to improve the nutritive value of the soil and makes your lawn look lush with greenery.
- This liquid aerating soil loosener helps the fertilizers to reach the tip of the root easily, thus promoting the growth of the plants.
- It is natural, non-toxic and safe for kids as well as pets.
- This liquid soil aeration is an easy alternative to physical or core aeration.
- Make sure that you use this liquid soil loosener at least 4 weeks before planting new seeds for better germination of seeds.
- Liquid aeration comes in ample dimensions.
- Helps to improve the structure of the soil
- It contains organic ingredients that help in providing vital nutrients to the plant for its growth.
- Loosen the soil and helps the water and fertilizers reach deep under the soil.
- Helps to eliminate harmful particles from the soil such as salt.
- No known side effects for this product.
3. Southern Ag Amine 24-D Weed Killer, White Bottle
- This weed killer is very effective in controlling broadleaf weeds which generally grow on pastures, lawns, fences, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, rangeland, fences, ditch banks, roadsides, industrial sites, etc.
- This weed killer is effective in controlling woody plants also.
- Very economical as you just need 1-4 pints per acre.
- Avoid spraying this chemical on the desired plants.
- Its main ingredient is 2, 4- D which is a generic weed killer found in almost all broadleaf lawn weed killers.
- This weed killer from Southern Ag is a powerful lawn weed killer which provides incredible results within few days.
- It is very economical and is required in very small quantities.
- It is easy to use.
- This weed killer is unselective and when it comes in contact with the desired plant, it can damage the desirable plants also.
4. Southern Ag Drexel De-Amine 4 -Same As- 2, 4-D Amine Weed Killer
- De-Amine 4 is a premium and non-volatile weed killer, hence you should be very careful while handling it.
- 2,4-D Amine formulations provides selective control of many annual and perennial broadleaf weeds and a certain type of bushes as well.
- You can add 2 ounces of the concentrate to 1 gallon of water and spray the content on the desired land or area.
- It is very effective and works fast.
- It prevents the weeds from growing back.
- It helps control broadleaf weeds and bushes.
- It contains De-Amine 4, which is a volatile compound and can be harmful if handled without care.
5. On Southern Ag CrossBow32 Weed & Brush Killer
This weed and brush killer from Southern Ag is very efficient in controlling weeds and brushes. It is a weed killer that generally targets unwanted trees, weeds, and brushes. It is ideal for lawn and garden which have plants and vegetation.
- This weed killer is very effective in controlling brush and unwanted trees.
- It is recommended to use this weed killer in non-crop and non-timber areas only.
- Add 6 fl.oz of the concentrate to 3 gallons of water and spray evenly on the foliage.
- This concentrate contains 2,4-dichloro phenoxy acetic acid, butoxy ethyl ester, and triclopyr.
- This weed killer is very effective in eliminating unwanted plants and weeds.
- It prevents the weeds from regrowing.
- It works fast and easy to use. 2-3 tablespoons of this lawn weed killer,mixed with 3-5 gallons of water is sufficient to cover 1000 sq. ft of land.
- It contains harmful chemicals to stop the weeds from growing.
6. PBI/Gordon 652400 Speed Zone Lawn Weed Killer, 20-Ounce
This is a selective weed killer that you may have been searching for. This weed killer is capable of giving instant results. Itis designed specifically for various kinds of weeds such as dandelions, creeping charlie and clover.
This weed killer from PBI/Gordon helps to add beauty to your lawn, and at the same time helps you to get rid of the weeds.
- This weed killer from PBI/ Gordon gives a wide coverage, as it covers almost 18,000 sq feet area of land.
- After spraying this chemical on the undesired plants, you can see the results within a few hours.
- This weed killer is very effective and rapid in controlling the troublesome weed species in turfgrass.
- It helps to beautify your lawn by controlling weeds and making it fresher and greener than before. You can also reseed in the same area and cultivate new crops within a few days of spraying the product.
- This weed killer is ideal for large properties and a large area where the growth of unnecessary weeds and plants is a really big problem.
- This weed killer is quite selective and does not harm the lawn grasses.
- You get to see the desired results within a few hours.
- It doesn’t have any special requirements.
- You should be very careful while mixing the solution and try to maintain the pH level above 5 and below 8 to get the desired result.
7. Doctor Kirchner Natural Weed Killer (2.5 Gallon)
When your lawn or garden seems to be perfect, but those pesky weeds that are grown here and there are bothering you, then you should look out for a good weed killer which will help you to get rid of the weeds and other unwanted plants.
But at the same time, it should be safe and natural, then the best weed killer for lawn for you is Doctor Kirchner Natural Weed Killer.
- This weed killer from Doctor Kirchner is safe and non-toxic.
- It helps in controlling the weeds without causing harm to the environment.
- This natural weed killer is made from ocean saltwater, commercial strength food-grade vinegar, and soap.
- This weed killer is devoid of glyphosate and any hormone-disrupting chemical.
- It is environment-friendly, safe for kids as well as pet animals.
- Effective alternative for strong chemical lawn weed killers and weedicides.
- This no-mixing spray is ready to use and is safe for your loved ones and is environment-friendly.
- There is no known side effect of this product so far.
8. Round-Up Pro Concentrate
But the weeds that grew up here are bothersome and frustrating you a lot, then don’t worry as RoundUp Pro Concentrate Weedkiller will help you to get rid of all the unwanted and undesirable weeds that crop up here and there.
- This weed killer from RoundUp is very effective in controlling the weeds of agricultural farming to industrial vegetation management.
- It is also used to effectively clear the weeds around the residential area, commercial business spaces.
- It prevents the weeds from growing back for at least 4 months.
- It can deal with almost 250 species of weeds without causing any harm to the turf beneath.
- If can be effectively used to control weeds and unwanted plants from different places such as driveways, patios or sidewalks.
- Its main constituent is glyphosate, which almost 50.2 %.
- This lawn weed killer is easy to use
- It is very effective in killing undesirable plants and weeds.
- It gives the result very fast.
- It gives decent coverage.
- This weed killer is made of a very harsh chemical.
- This lawn weed killer may be unselective, hence while spraying you should be careful not to spray on the desirable plants, as it can cause severe damage to them.
- Avoid direct contact with skin as it can cause hives and blisters on the skin.
9. Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Plus Crabgrass Control Concentrate 32oz
If you are looking for a weed killer which is very selective and which is capable of targeting the selected weeds, then you should go for Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Plus Crabgrass Control Concentrate.
This lawn weed killer targets the selective weeds and undesirable plants and weeds, but does not harm the other plants or the lawn grass.
- This lawn weed killer is generally used to control crabgrass, dandelions and other common weeds.
- It targets the specific weed and kills it to the roots, thereby ensuring that there is no chance to survive.
- This lawn weed killer is not harmful to other plants even if it comes in contact with it.
- If you want to get rid of stubborn weeds, then multiple usages are recommended.
- This product is rainproof and will not lose its efficiency even when it comes in contact with water.
- It is ready to use spray and there is no need for mixing it with anything.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective and gives you the result within a few hours.
- It is very powerful and can effectively kill almost 250 different kinds of weeds.
- It works to the roots, and hence prevents the weeds from growing back soon.
- It gives a huge coverage and is capable of effectively controlling weeds up to 64,000 square feet of land.
- It is rainproof and this additional feature helps it to come to life within just 1 hour of application.
- This is an efficient product and value for money.
- There is no known side effect of this lawn weed killer.
This lawn weed killer is a selective lawn weed killer for the full control of nutsedge and other weeds in turfgrass and landscape areas.
If you want your lawn to look lush and green, then invest in the best lawn weed killer. If you use Sedgehammer lawn weed killer, you will not get disappointed.
One of the important things that one should be aware of is that a nutsedge has a root system made with tubers, which is also known as nutlets. Whenever the root system is broken, a new sprout appears.
So, whenever the nutsedge weeds are pulled out without the entire root system, then new sprouts appear and grow into a weed, making the situation worse.
Thus for such types of stubborn weeds, Sedgehammer lawn weed killer is recommended, which provides a post-emergent treatment to purple nutsedge and yellow nutsedge.
- Sedgehammer lawn weed killer is a selective lawn weed killer and very effective in controlling nutsedge and other weeds in turfgrass and landscape.
- The active ingredient- halo sulfuron-methyl which is present in Sedgehammer lawn weed killer is responsible for controlling the growth of yellow nutsedge, purple nutsedge and other types of weed which make your lawn look unattractive.
- Sedgehammer lawn weed killer usually comes in a bottle and is used for treating large areas. It already has a surfactant along with it.
- This lawn weed killer is usually used to treat weeds that grow on the established lawn, landscape areas and ornamental turfgrass.
- It can also be applied in residential turf, non-crop sites such as fallow areas, golf courses, airports, cemeteries, public recreation areas, roadsides, school, residential property, race tracks, tennis ground, etc.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective in treating yellow nutsedge as well as purple nutsedge and also prevents it from growing back.
- It is ideal for use in industrial, commercial and residential areas.
- Sedgehammer lawn weed killer is pet-friendly.
- It is very easy to use.
- This lawn weed killer is quite expensive.
- It should not be sprayed on or near water bodies, as this product is toxic.
11. Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action, 26.84 lb.
It is very important to figure out what you want to achieve, before trying to purchase the best lawn weed killer. Some lawn weed killers are good to use for industrial and commercial areas, while others are good for residential areas, farms, landscape areas. Each weed killer comes with its specification.
Most of the weed killers that are available in the market are selective which controls specific species of weeds, while there are few non-selective weed killers also available. So, you can always make a wise purchase depending upon your needs, as there are lots of options available.
- Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action acts in three ways – kills, prevents and feeds.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective in killing all the unwanted weeds and undesirable plants that grow on your lawn such as dollar weed, clover, plantain, chickweed, oxalis, and henbit.
- Prevents and kills all types of fleas, fire ants, armyworms, mole crickets, chinch bugs, sod webworms, and ticks.
- It feeds the soil, as it acts as a fertilizer to build thick green lawns and strengthens your land against drought and heat.
- This lawn weed killer can be used on St. Augustine grass (including Floratam), Carpet grass, Centipede grass, Zoysiagrass.
- Liquid Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action shows immediate results when sprayed on the weeds, as compared to the granular form of Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action which usually takes 4-5 days to show up the result.
- This lawn weed killer is pet-friendly.
- This lawn weed killer is easy to use.
- This lawn weed killer has got a bad odor which may be uncomfortable for some people.
12. SedgeHammer Turf Lawn Weed Killer
Everyone wants a lush green lawn in front of their dream house. But to control weeds and unwanted plants of the lawn is a tedious task. Weeds are a nuisance for all the landscape plants, crops, industrial areas, commercial areas, roadsides, fences.
There are many types of weeds that grow in all the climatic conditions and to control those pesky weeds is a big task.
These unwanted weeds compete with grasses and other desirable plants and trees for water, nutrition, and sunlight, hence drastically affecting the growth of the desired plants. So it is very important to control these weeds before they sprout.
- SedgeHammer Turf Lawn weed killer is very effective in controlling yellow and purple nutsedge; broadleaf weeds such as horsetail, and it also kills green kyllinga.
- This lawn weed killer is very economical as only a small amount is needed for 1000 square feet of land.
- It controls the nutsedge by moving through the plant and making its way to tubers and rhizomes which are its underground growing points.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective in controlling nutsedge along with St. Augustine grass, Bermuda grass, Kentucky bluegrass, tall and fine fescue, perennial ryegrass.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective if there is no rainfall occurs for at least 3 hours but works best if there is no rainfall and irrigation for at least 4 hours.
- SedgeHammer Turf Lawn weed killer is a selective lawn weed killer for post-emergence control of yellow and purple nutsedge in established lawns.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective in controlling weeds on landscaped areas, ornamental turfgrass, commercial and residential turf.
- After application of this lawn weed killer, its results as visible instantly.
While spraying the solution on the weeds, make sure to avoid its contact with other desirable plants otherwise it may result in foliar injury, discoloration or even death of the plant.
13. BioSafe Weed Control Concentrate
If your lawn or garden is full of unwanted weeds and undesirable plants, then dealing with such a situation can make you lose your patience. Taking care of your lawn and garden can become a costly affair, if these pesky weeds tend to show up now and then.
So it is always recommended that you invest in the best lawn weed killer which will give you results instantly and the effect will be long term.
By investing in a high-quality lawn weed killer, it will be easy to control and curb the weeds which bother you constantly. Moreover, a landscaped lawn or garden will add value to your property.
- This weed killer is very efficient in controlling weeds and grass.
- After spraying the lawn weed killer on the weeds you can see the result within 24 hours.
- This lawn weed killer is best suited for organic gardening.
- BioSafe Weed Control Concentrate is very effective in burning down annual and perennial broadleaf grasses and weeds in a few hours.
- After the application of this lawn weed killer, your garden can be re-seeded or planted after four days, so you need not wait for days after the weed killer will take effect.
- After the usage of the BioSafe Weed Control Concentrate, you can rest assured that it will clear all the weeds and unwanted plants in the matter of a few hours without leaving the residue.
- This lawn weed killer is easy to use and hence you can easily restore the beauty and health of your lawn or garden.
- This lawn weed killer is effective yet non-toxic, thus safe for your pets, kids and your environment as well.
- It is 100% safe and organic and is approved by OMRI, EPA.
- BioSafe Weed Control Concentrate is a non-selective lawn weed killer; hence you should avoid its contact with other desirable plants.
14. Its Supply T-Zone Turf Lawn Weed Killer
So it is very important to get to the roots to eliminate them as these weeds compete with desirable plants of your lawn for water, sunlight, and nourishment. ITS Supply T-Zone Turf Lawn weed killer is designed in such a way, that it can give you immediate relief from these stubborn weeds and unwanted plants.
- The active ingredients such as Triclopyr, 2,4-D, Dicamba, & Sulfentrazone which is present in ITS Supply T-Zone Turf Lawn weed killer act on these stubborn and hard to control weeds and eliminate them.
- This lawn weed killer has a reduced solvent formulation, which penetrates through the cuticle effectively and helps to control even the hard-to-control broadleaf weeds including ground ivy, black medic, oxalis, clover, spurge, speedwell, wild violet, and lespedeza.
- ITS Supply T-Zone Turf Lawn weed killer is very useful in controlling broadleaf weeds in cool-season turfgrasses which include Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrasses and Fescues.
- This lawn weed killer is effectively designed for the effective elimination of weeds and unwanted plants of the residential, commercial area and gold sites.
- It has got a cool-weather weed control option which works even at a temperature as low as 50-degree Fahrenheit.
- This lawn weed killer is suitable for application even at high temperatures. (up to 85-degree Fahrenheit).
- This lawn weed killer is very tough on those pesky, hard to control weeds due to the four active ingredients.
- The sulfentrazone present in this lawn weed killer helps to eliminate even the young and actively growing yellow nutsedge.
- It has got a low odor formulation.
- Its active ingredients provide efficient weed control and it rains fast in three hours.
- It is easy to use.
- It takes about 7-14 days to show the result.
- This lawn weed killer is not very effective in killing Crabgrass
15. Just For Pets Pet-Friendly & Pet Safe Weed Killer Spray
Pet-friendly lawn weed killers means that your pets are safe to play on the lawn right after administering the lawn weed killer. You just need to make sure which is the best pet-friendly lawn weed killer which fits all your needs.
These pet-friendly lawn weed killers help to eliminate those pesky weeds without causing harm to your pets or lawn.
- Pet Safe Weed Killer Spray is safe for pets as it is natural and organic. It contains no harmful chemicals, no toxic substances such as glyphosate.
- After administering the spray on the weeds you can see the result within 24 hours.
- It’s ready to use spray.
- This lawn weed killer is non-selective, hence it should not be sprayed on desirable plants and grasses of your lawn.
- It comes in a ready to use spray bottle. No mixing is required.
- This lawn weed killer is completely organic and natural, hence safe for kids.
- This lawn weed killer shows the result fast, almost within 24 hours
- It helps to keep your lawn neat and clean.
- This pet safe weed killer is non-selective, hence it can damage the grasses and other desirable plants of your lawn.
16. Zwinkle LLC End Weeds
But if you do not want to use harsh chemical or toxic substance which is commonly found in all lawn weed killers, then it is recommended that you go for a natural lawn weed killer which is organic and safe for your lawn, your pets, and your environment.
- This lawn weed killer from Zwinkle LLC is all-natural and eco-friendly as it won’t harm your pets, your loved ones, and your environment as well.
- This lawn weed killer contains a proprietary blend of surfactants to increase the longevity and effectiveness
- This lawn weed killer very eliminates the hard to control weeds such as glyphosate-resistant weeds including thistle, henbit, ground ivy, and deadnettle.
- After 48 hours of application, you need to tilt, mulch or re-plant the soil.
- There is no need to add any harmful chemicals or oil to increase its efficiency.
- This lawn weed killer from Zinkle LLC is extremely non-toxic, natural and environment-friendly
- In this lawn weed killer, the weed-killing agents and surfactants are blended in such a way that it very effectively kills all the weeds, and the success rate is also better than other products.
- It has a vinegar-based formula, hence non-toxic and versatile.
- The active ingredients including the surfactant which are blended in such a way that you are sure to get the results after every use.
- This lawn weed killer works well on eliminating all types of weed plants, including those which are resistant to glyphosate.
- This lawn weed killer requires time to eliminate hard to control weeds, you may require multiple applications.
17. Trimec Classic
If you are the owner of a lawn or a garden then you might have had a hard time getting rid of these pesky and hard to control weeds and other unwanted plants that crop up now and then in your garden/lawn.
But you need not worry about these stubborn weeds, as there are so many lawn weed killers available in the market and you can choose according to the needs of your lawn. Invest in the best weed killer for lawn and you can be sure to get the result.
- Gordon’s Trimec Classic Broadleaf lawn weed killer is an effective post-emergent lawn weed killer for weed control.
- It has got a low odor formula, which helps in making this lawn weed killer as low a profile as possible.
- As the Trimec Classic lawn weed killer has proven its efficiency in the field, it is the most preferred option in controlling broadleaf weeds in turf such as plantain, dandelion and other species of weeds without damaging or killing other turfgrass species.
- This lawn weed killer from PBI Gordon is very effective in eliminating hard to kill weeds and you need not repeat the application.
- The combination of the active ingredients present in Gordon’s Trimec Classic Broadleaf lawn weed killer makes it a very effective and more economical product to use and treat acres of land better than any other lawn weed killer.
- This lawn weed killer is effective in eliminating hard to control weeds such as Bull Thistle, Black medic, Clover, Chickweed, Plantain, Dandelion, Ground Ivy, Henbit, Poison Ivy, Ragweed, Spurge, Sunflower, Wild garlic, Wild onion, etc.
- It is pet-friendly, hence your pets are safe to play on the lawn even after administering this lawn weed killer.
- Another positive factor of this lawn weed killer is the low odor factor for low profile
- This lawn weed killer helps to keep your lawn healthy and free from weeds for months.
- This lawn weed killer is very economical as it is effective in treating more acres of land than any other premium quality lawn weed killer.
- This lawn weed killer should not be used on dichondra, carpet grass, lawn or turf where desirable clovers are there.
- Avoid administering this lawn weed killer during warm temperatures, such as when the air temperature is above 85-degree Fahrenheit.
- Do not spray this lawn weed killer on or near desirable plants, or on exposed roots as it can cause damage to these plants.
18. Speed Zone 2, 4-D 2-Ethylhexyl Ester
When you go to buy a lawn weed killer, you will be looking forward to buying a product that is efficient, reliable and shows an instant result. Moreover, it should be easy to use. If you are the owner of the lawn or garden, you will be considering these factors before buying a product.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective in treating cool season and warm season turf species such as Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall fescue, creeping and colonial bentgrass (excluding golf greens), Bermuda grass and zoysia grass.
- This lawn weed killer is great for use in the gardens, lawns, ornamental turf or golf courses.
- This lawn weed killer has got good toxicological, environmental and ecological properties.
- This lawn weed killer by Gordon has got excellent post-emergent activity.
- It is very effective in clearing the weeds and unwanted plants of lawn, sod farms, golf courses, roadsides, and many other turf sites.
- This lawn weed killer is very efficient in cool weather with visible effects in just a few hours.
- The SpeedZone Lawn weed killer effectively eliminates white clover, dandelions, ground ivy and spurge in turfgrass.
- This lawn weed killer is rainfast in as little as 3-4 hours, hence need not worry about the interference of weather.
- You can reseed in one week after application.
- This lawn weed killer exhibits high selectivity in established cool and warm-season turfgrass.
- This lawn weed killer can be administered on weeds from early spring to fall (up to killing frost).
- It helps to keep your lawn lush and green, which adds value to your property.
- It is a very powerful lawn weed killer and you must take extra caution while preparing the mixture.
- Instructions provided on the label should be strictly followed, otherwise you may end up damaging the lawn.
- Its direct contact can be harmful to humans, animals, desirable plants of your lawn.
- Always ensure not to administer this lawn weed killer directly in water, as it is toxic and can cause danger to the life of aquatic plants and animals.
19. Super Trimec
If you are looking for a lawn weed killer which can make your lawn neat and clean without damaging the desirable plants of your lawn and which is also economical, then look for a lawn weed killer which will give you results immediately and which have effect for a longer time.
One such lawn weed killer which will suffice all your needs is Super Trimec which is going to help you to make your lawn in a beautiful and well-maintained condition, which will make you the proud owner of the property.
Picking up the right product is the vital step in ensuring that your lawn looks in the best of its form. From the plethora of lawn weed killers available in the market, choose the best one which will satisfy all your needs.
- Super Trimec is a super-strong lawn weed killer.
- This lawn weed killer is ideal for broadleaf weeds.
- This lawn weed killer is selective and will not destroy or damage the turfgrass
- It is capable of penetrating through tough weeds, thus very efficient in eliminating those hard to control weeds.
- It is quite strong and potent hence remains effective throughout the year.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective in killing dandelion, chickweed, plantain, henbit, knotweed, spurge and other species of broadleaf weeds.
- This lawn weed killer is formulated in such a way to deliver optimum cool-weather performance.
- Super Trimec is excellent for spot treatment of hardened off summer weeds.
- Avoid direct contact with this lawn weed killer as there are chances of skin irritation.
- Highly potent, so you should handle this lawn weed killer with caution.
20. Trimec 992 Broadleaf Lawn Weed Killer
If the uncontrolled growth of dandelions and Bermuda grass, zoysia grass, St. Augustine grass is bothering you and you are worried about how to get rid of these hard to control weeds, then you should give Trimec 992 Broadleaf lawn weed killer a try.
There might be several questions that jump into your mind at the same time such as whether Trimec 992 Broadleaf Lawn weed killer is effective in eliminating the weeds, whether Trimec 992 Broadleaf Lawn weed killer will affect my lawn, is it pet-friendly etc.etc.
Just sit back and relax, and go through the below mentioned key feature about this product, and about its pros and cons, so that you have a better understanding of this product.
Then you can take a wise decision and have a better understanding about why to choose Trimec 992 Broadleaf Lawn weed killer
- Trimec 992 presents more 2,4-D (30.56%) which helps to enhance its action for a quicker visible response for broadleaf weed control.
- Trimec 992 is used by lawn specialists who need a low-odor product, performance, and low cost per acre. And Trimec 992 is the best option, as it is quite economical and low on your budget.
- This lawn weed killer is a post-emergent lawn weed killer that works in warm and cool-season grasses.
- Moreover, it is further recognized for its speedy dandelion knock-down and flexibility.
- Trimec 992 controls broadleaf weeds, such as Dandelion, Clover, Henbit, Knotweed, Plantain, Chickweed, Spurg, and broadleaf weeds.
- It is composed of active ingredients such as Dimethylamine salt of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, Dimethylamine salt of (+)-(R)-2-(2 methyl-4-chlorophenoxy) propionic acid, Dimethylamine salt of dicamba: 3,6-dichloro-o-anisic acid for immediate action and instant result.
- This lawn weed killer contains an extra 2, 4-D for the quick and visual response, which makes it a widely recommended product.
- This lawn weed killer helps in economic control of a wide spectrum of broadleaf weeds.
- It can be administered both on cool and warm-season grasses.
- It is labeled for use on sod farms.
- This lawn weed killer is very effective and quick in eliminating dandelions.
- It contains strong chemicals and must be handled with care.
- Now you are aware of some of the best lawn weed killers which are available in the market.