|1. Craftsman T225||2. Husqvarna YTA24V48||3. Ariens 915223|
Do you have a garden outside your house? Are you looking for the best garden tractor to clean up your garden? You are on the right platform to get the required information for choosing the best one.
The market is flooded with a variety of garden tractors manufactured by various well-known companies. It is difficult to get a suitable one for your garden.
It is essential to know the purpose of the garden tractor. It is a gardening tool that helps you to cut the long grass quickly and smoothly.
It will assist in carrying out other gardening tasks easily. This machine is sturdy, robust, and capable enough to mow large fields in a few hours.
You can carry out the heavy-duty and demanding work very easily with the help of the garden tractor. You may feel comfortable and less tired while performing the grass cutting task.
Here, we will discuss some of the crucial factors that will help you in selecting the desired garden tractor for your piece of land. Firstly, it is essential to know the purpose of the garden tractor.
This machine is used to cut and trim long grass from your field to make it more attractive, green, and clean to the people. If you have a tidy garden, then you will spend a lot of time with your family and enjoy the greenery and nature.
You can drive these garden tractors to every corner of your lawn and clean the long grasses and unnecessary shrubs. As there are numerous types of tractors available in the market, every machine has different features that you must consider before buying it. It is essential to know your requirements and desires, which you want to have in your tractor.
One of the crucial factors is the budget. Everyone buys according to their budget. Here, we will discuss a variety of tractors in different price ranges, so that everyone can afford this machine for their garden.
Sometimes, people are not aware of several benefits of having a garden tractor for their lawns. You need to make sure that you only buy the tractor when you know the advantages of the tractor.
In the following write-up, we will discuss various things that are required to consider before buying the garden tractor. You must know types of tractors and their benefits. After checking a list of the best garden tractors, you can decide wisely and get the required one for your garden.
Types Of Tractors
1. Lawn Tractors
This tractor is specially designed for mowing lawns. This tractor provides limited power, features, and expandability with its attachments. If you have a medium-sized yard outside your home, then it is required to have a few supplies along with you by a small trailer. Therefore, a lawn tractor is the only need that a gardener requires.
2. Garden Tractors
These are the more robust, larger, and more powerful tractors as compared to other tractors. There are many attachment options that you can install on your machine.
It is easy to mow more land in less time with the help of its more extensive mower decks. It has additional features such as hydraulic steering for smooth driving. This tractor is the best option to withstand heavy work. You can work on big farm projects.
3. Sub-Compact Tractors
Sub-compact tractors are almost similar to garden tractors in appearance. But, these are very much capable of farm chores, because of the type of engine they are built with.
Garden tractors have gasoline engines, and on the other hand, the engines of sub-compact tractors are powered by diesel. The sub-compacts are equipped with PTOs, and three-point hitches, which makes it more expandable than other small models.
4. Compact Utility Tractors
The compact utility tractors are small. These tractors are equipped with several attachments from front-end loaders to backhoes. This is a powerful, as well as a versatile tractor that works in every weather condition. This appealing compact utility tractor is power efficient. This type of tractor is suitable for small lawns or gardens.
Benefits Of Using Garden Tractors
A riding lawn tractor is a luxury vehicle for gardening purposes. People having large yards use these tractors to keep their yards clean and tidy.
It takes a long time when you mow with a walk-behind mower. You can buy a yard tractor and enjoy various benefits of owning it.
The lawn tractor has a cutting deck that is located underneath the seat of the tractor between the front and back wheels.
It can easily lift and lower the height of the cutting deck by knob controls on the control panel of the garden tractor. It helps you in cutting the tall grass, and make the grass even all over the ground.
1. Buy Extra Attachments To Do More Yard Jobs
It is difficult to do other jobs with a walk-behind mower, as compared to the extra attachments that come with yard tractor. You can purchase a tow-behind rake, drum roller, cultivator, etc. You can also buy accessories like a front loader for the removal of snow or dirt.
2. No Need To Rent Landscaping Or Excavating Tool
Many people go to a rental store and rent a garden tractor along with attachments. Now, there is no need to rent any other tool ever again. You need not worry about the rental or late fees.
Perfect mowing of the garden can be done by a good lawn tractor. It provides better maneuverability to increase efficiency. The zero-turn tractors are easy to ride in forward as well as reverse direction. These mowers can also mow in small and tighter areas.
4. Less Maintenance
Now, garden tractors are equipped with the latest technologies that do not require much maintenance. Earlier, old types of tractors needed more maintenance.
Manufacturers tried to bring the best possible solution. After using advanced materials and technologies, there is less requirement for maintenance of these tractors.
5. No Grass Clippings
Earlier after cutting the grass, the clippings are to be collected by manual methods, which is a challenging as well as time-consuming task.
But with the help of the garden tractor, collecting those clippings has become an effortless task. It can be done simultaneously while cutting it. It will not spread too much dirt all around. These grass clippings are very tiny and difficult to collect.
6. Faster Mowing
These mowers save a lot of time as it can mow a large field in time. You can work at a higher speed and cut the grass more neatly. With an enormous deck, you can cover the large ground area in some passes.
7. More Comfort
You can comfortably sit and mow your field. It reduces human effort, as there is no need to walk and mow the yard manually. These tractors come with a comfortable seat that helps you to mow for long hours. You can ride the tractor like a car and clean your garden along with it.
8. Range Of Models
The lawn tractors come in a variety of models by different brands. Every tractor is suitable according to the acres of land you need to mow. You can buy according to your needs like attachments, features, and budget.
9. Appearance Of Lawn
After mowing your yard with a garden tractor, the appearance of the garden becomes impressive. It will look more green and clean.
Working Of Garden Tractors
In earlier days, there were manual methods to clean the garden. A lot of time and human resources were invested in cutting the grass and making it tidy.
But, the task has become very easy due to garden tractors. Various components in a tractor play their role in making your garden attractive.
1. Cutting Blades
Due to the sharp edges or blades at the front lower side of the mower, you can cut and trim the grass of your garden. These blades are of optimum quality that helps in minimizing the size of the grass efficiently. You can purchase the blades for the tractor according to your needs.
2. Powerful Engine
The engine is the most crucial part of any vehicle. An engine is responsible for the heavy-duty work. The engine of the tractor must provide the necessary power and efficiency. The durability and lifespan depend on the strength of the engine.
3. Strong Deck
Garden tractors are required to carry out heavy-duty work. Therefore, we cannot neglect the deck of the tractor, which is attached to it. A deck is used to attach the blades.
The deck is designed to protect the sharp blades because if the blades are placed openly, then it can harm anyone who comes near it.
It also prevents blades from dirt and rust in the wet season. Now, there is an availability of a rotary deck to do the gardening task in a vast area more efficiently. You need to start the tractor, and the rotating deck will start moving automatically.
4. Control Panel
All the details about the engine and other components of the tractor are visible on the control panel. In a single button, you can do whatever you wish in a tractor.
You can track the fuel consumption and get alerts about the maintenance and services required for the tractor.
You can manage the speed of the tractor by changing the gears via a foot pedal. You can control the speed and mow your garden accordingly. In some tractors, there is a feature of automatic controlling of speed.
Factors You Need To Consider Before Buying The Best Garden Tractor
If you are planning to have a good garden tractor for making your garden clean, tidy, and green, then there are certain things that you should consider before purchasing.
These machines are expensive, and it is vital to invest money in the right choice. It is better to know your requirements and the factors in every tractor for the maintenance of your garden.
1. Cut Width
It is essential to check the cut width of the garden tractor and make sure that you purchase the right size as per your requirements.
This factor means whether the width of the garden mower can easily cut the grass in one pass or not. The smaller lawn tractors come with a single blade and other ZTR (Zero Turn Radius) mowers with 2 or 3 blades.
2. Engine Torque
The engine torque means the amount of force used to spin the blades. If you want to cut thick as well as tall grass, then you need a higher torque riding mower to cut correctly and neatly.
3. Engine Horsepower
This factor is the power output of the engine that is shared among other components of the machine, which includes the blades. The power usually depends on the size of the garden. Ideally, there is a 14 HP engine, which is considered to be great for a half to the one-acre yard.
But, it is suggested to go for up to 16 HP engine which is suitable for a one to the two-acre area. But, if you have 3 acres or more space, then you should choose a lawn tractor with an 18 to 24 horsepower engine to get greater efficiency.
4. Automatic Or Gear Driven
Some lawns have minimal to zero obstructions that require gear-driven riding mower. These tractors provide steady as well as the constant speed at the time of cutting the grass. But, if you have many small shrubs around the obstacles, then you need an automatic transmission or pedal-driven tractor.
It will help you in slowing down or speeding up the tractor without any clutch. Many speed settings are available in these types of lawn tractors.
5. Single/Twin Cylinder
When it comes to smaller lawns, tractors with a single-cylinder are the best. But, if you need high power, balance, and dependable engine life, then you should choose a twin-cylinder. It will support engines of at least 16 HP or higher.
6. Speed And Turning Radius
The speed of the tractor depends on the model. But, the standard speed of a lawn or garden tractor is 5.5 mph forward speed. You can drive a ZTR mower with a speed of 8 mph forward speeds.
It is essential to check the turning radius, which means that you should consider tractors can make sharp turns and allows you to go around any area without facing any obstacles.
7. Cruise Control
If you are mowing in a straight direction and making long stretches, then there should be one speed in this case. The hydrostatic, as well as automatic transmissions, are the smart options that you can opt for this purpose.
The place where you have to sit for the whole day needs to be comfortable. Just check the size and shape of the chair or seat before purchasing the tractor.
There are different kinds of seat materials that are used to make the seat in the tractors, which are comfortable enough to relax your backbone. So while purchasing, one should always check this vital aspect.
9. Mulching and Bagging
These functions help you in trimming the grass of your lawn. These attachments are not included with the lawn tractors. Generally, you have to purchase them separately and then install them with the unit.
10. Size Of Your Garden
You have to purchase the garden tractor according to the size of your lawn. The tractor needs to be in a perfect size, neither too small nor too big. Your garden size matters a lot. Check the size of the yard and then only decide what type of tractor you want to purchase. You can explore your requirements and buy a suitable tractor.
11. Steering Wheel Of The Tractor
As you have to do the gardening work for a whole day, therefore, it is essential to buy a tractor with a smooth steering wheel. You should feel comfortable at the time of driving the tractor.
You need to ensure that driving the lawn tractor for a long time is not hurting your shoulders. Many tractors come with stable and smooth steering wheels.
12. Extra Features
It is also necessary to check other additional features like leg space, armrests, lumbar support, and a high back seat. Some garden tractors come with a cup holder and rubber foot pads for the pedals.
Top 10 Best Garden Tractors In 2021
1. Craftsman T225 Riding Lawn Mower
The Craftsman T225 is perfect for your lawn in all weather conditions. It has a 19 HP Briggs and Stratton Gold gas engine, which is suitable to mow large yards. ReadyStart Technology allows you to start quickly and efficiently.
The high-back seat, along with foot adjustable hydro-transmission, provides comfort to the driver. The mow-in-reverse feature will enable you to cut and trim the grass, while weaving in and out of trouble spots in your garden. There are many features that you must go through.
- Briggs and Stratton Gas Engine: This garden tractor comes with a powerful gas engine which is extremely suitable for big yards. Ready Start Technology embedded in the machine allows you to start the engine quickly and efficiently. There is no trouble in starting the engine in any weather condition.
- 46-Inch Cutting Deck: This lawn tractor is equipped with a wide 46-inch deck, which helps to cut, trim, and clip the grass in a quick sweep. A deck wash is included in it, which saves time when you need to clean it from the underside.
- Foot Hydro-Transmission: This machine consists of a foot hydrostatic transmission, which helps a user to gear the tractor smoothly by using a foot pedal.
- Mow-in-Reverse: You can move your mower in the reverse direction easily and maneuver in and out of trouble spots. It provides flexibility to a user to move in any direction and do his job.
- Supportive High-Back Seat: There is a high-back cushioned seat that provides extreme comfort to the user. It is suitable when a user needs to mow the garden for long hours.
- Durable Turf Saver Wheels: There are 15-inch front wheels and 20-inch rear wheels in this lawn tractor for better clearance as well as easy, and long-lasting maneuvering around your garden.
- The engine of 18.5 HP Briggs & Stratton single-cylinder overhead valve gas engine is embedded in the tractor.
- There is an automatic foot pedal hydraulic transmission for smooth gearing.
- There is a 46-inch vented deck that allows a user to mow long grass.
- A user can mow in the reverse direction.
- The product comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- There is only one color option available in this tractor.
2. Husqvarna YTA24V48 Garden Tractor
Husqvarna YTA22V48 riding garden tractor comes with a 48-inch gauge steel deck, which is excellent in providing premium performance along with quality results. The pedal-controlled auto transmission needs less power to drive with smooth gears. Read its more features in detail.
- Suitability: The Husqvarna 48-in garden mower is perfect for mowing the yards of size 2-3 acres. It works well on flat as well as uneven terrains.
- Engine: This tractor comes with a 24 HP 724cc Briggs & Stratton Intek V-Twin engine. The ReadyStart feature is used for starting the engine smoothly. There is full-pressure of lubrication and an advanced debris management system.
- Pedal-operated Automatic Transmission: It is a unique feature that helps a user in controlling and maintaining the consistent speed by using foot-pedal gears. It works well, even on rough terrain.
- Electric Cutting Blade Engagement: A switch on the control panel controls the blades in the deck of the tractor. The fender-mounted deck lever has springs for doing the task efficiently.
- Cutting Deck: It has a heavy-duty, and a 48-inch cutting deck along with four anti-scalp deck wheels. It helps in protecting the turf from damage.
- Turning Radius: This tractor has a turning radius of 16-inch that allows a user to mow even in tighter spaces and move around obstacles.
- Adjustable High-back Seat: There is a high-back seat for providing comfort to the user. It can be adjusted according to the person sitting on it. It has cushioned armrests, comfortable steering wheel, and fantastic design for keeping you comfortable for long hours.
- Accessories: This lawn tractor comes with a 3-bin bagger, mulch kit, high lift blade, deck belt, and mulch blade.
- Warranty: The product comes with a 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty with all-time customer service.
- This tractor is suitable in any weather condition.
- The blade of the mower can smoothly cut the grass. It is consistent and cuts the grass at the same level.
- The company provides three years of warranty that can fix any fault immediately.
- The pedal mower is maintenance-free. So, there is no need to spend extra money on maintenance.
- The seat of the tractor is not that comfortable.
- The power output is 22 HP, which is not much satisfactory.
3. Ariens 915223 Ikon-x Kawasaki FR691 Series Garden Tractor
This Ariens model is packed with high-end quality and superior power tractor. It is equipped with 23 HP Kawasaki FR V-Twin engine and 52-inch 11-gauge steel deck, which is robust and long-lasting. It has three blades that cover a 52-inch cutting width. There are many interesting features of this model that you must consider.
- Engine: This tractor has a 23HP 726cc Kawasaki FR series OHV engine of premium-quality. Along with it, a rotating metal grass chopper can easily cut the tall grasses neatly. It is built in such a way that it is suitable enough to ride in the dirtiest conditions.
- Hydrostatic Drive System: This garden tractor is equipped with Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2200 Hydrostatic Drive System to change the gears smoothly via a foot pedal.
- Deck: The deck of the garden tractor is 52-inches, which has three blades. The sharp blades can cut tall grass efficiently. It gives your garden a subtle finish. The deck is made with sturdy 11-gauge steel, which is unbeatable. The 4-point dual-arm hanging system helps in preventing the excess movement of the deck. You can also adjust the height of the deck along with the seat and mechanical foot lift.
- Cut Height Dial Selection: There are 13 optional cutting heights for perfect cutting of grass. You can easily adjust the cutting height that ranges from 1.5-inch to 4.5-inch by turning the dial.
- Tubular 3-Inch Frame: Welded joints in the tractor provides strength and stability. It decreases the chassis flex for improving the cut quality and maneuverability.
- Seat with Arm Rest: The tractor comes with a high-back seat along with cushioned armrests. It adds support to your back and comfort for riding for long hours. You can also adjust the armrests in three different directions.
- It has a high quality of 23 HP 726 cc Kawasaki FR V-Twin Engine.
- The fabricated deck of 52-inch is 4.5-inch deep and constructed with 10-gauge steel.
- The seat and armrests are padded enough that it is comfortable.
- The product comes with three years of warranty.
- There is no sale of this tractor in California.
4. Husqvarna MZ61 Riding Tractor
The MZ61 by Husqvarna is a zero-turn mower is considered as the best garden tractor of all time because of its performance, productivity, and comfort. It is constructed with a steel frame and equipped with a hydraulic system to mow easily. The high-back seat, along with armrests, can be easily adjusted. There are many features that you need to consider.
- Cutting System & Start Without Choking: This tractor is equipped with 3 in 1 Cutting System, which can collect, discharge, and mulch the clippings of your garden by its cutting deck. This MZ61 model is easy to start immediately whenever you turn on the key, either in warm or in cold weather.
- Fantastic Design & Air Induction Mowing Technology: This tractor is of the 61-inch size, which looks stunning. It has a comfortable seat with no issue of pain in the back. The Air Induction Mowing Technology helps in drawing the air from the top and bottom of the deck. It improves the lifting of grass and, thus, delivers a fantastic finish to your garden.
- Hydrostatic Gear Transmission: If your garden is uneven, then the hydrostatic gear transmission in this tractor helps you a lot in doing your mowing job. You can change the direction and speed of the tractor with ease on any terrain.
- Wide Cutting Deck: There is a 61 inch wide cutting deck in this tractor. It is constructed with fabricated steel which makes it durable. There are three blades in the cutting deck to provide a precise, and manicured cut to your yard.
- Zero-Turn Steering System: There is a hydraulic wheel-drive that allows precise manoeuvering and rotation of the mower around its axis without turning a zero radius.
- Removable Foot Pan: You can easily remove the foot pan to access the deck belt, pulleys, spindles, and clean-up.
- Seat: The seat is an essential factor for every user. The seat in this mower is quite comfortable and can be adjusted. The two armrests are well cushioned for adding comfort to the customer.
- Powerful Engine: The MZ61 comes with a V-Twin engine that works on 27HP. These engines are very powerful and robust and can mow large fields.
- Wheels: The front wheels are 6-inch wide and allows a smooth ride. On the other hand, the back wheels are sturdy enough to keep the tractor balanced on uneven terrains.
- It has a powerful 27 HP engine that can mow large yards.
- There are adjustable blades to adjust the height for better cutting and trimming of grass.
- The seat is covered in vinyl, which is exceptionally comfortable.
- The tractor is a bit expensive.
5. Snapper 2911525BVE Classic Riding Mower
This model by Snapper has a classic rear-engine with an easy-to-use design. This tractor is suitable for all-sized lawns. It provides a convenient 5-speed shift disc drive system. Get more details about its exciting features.
- Engine: This tractor by Snapper has an 11.5 HP 344cc rear engine, which is powerful enough to drive on rough terrains. The engine provides OHV reliability as well as durability, which makes it long-lasting for years. The engine offers an anti-vibration system that helps a user to experience a smooth and comfortable ride.
- ReadyStart Technology: This engine comes with ReadyStart Technology that lets you start quickly and reliably every time without any choking in the engine. You need to pull the pull-start button and then, you can do your mowing task.
- Debris Management System: This system in the tractor ejects and deflects grass and keeps the engine neat and clean.
- Vertical Stand-on-edge: This feature is excellent if you have limited space for storage. You can maintain and clean the cutting deck very quickly and easily.
- Disc Drive Transmission: This garden tractor has a disc drive transmission for power and dependability. It uses a spinning plate to provide power to a moveable rubber disc.
- Hi-Vac Mower Deck: This garden mower has a Hi-Vac mower deck for a clean finish to your mowing. It is like a vacuum cleaner that pulls up all the clippings that you are mowing. The unique cutting blade with a rolled deck edge creates a significant air volume to develop the suction.
- Warranty: The product comes with a limited warranty of 3 years.
- There is a three-year warranty with all-time customer service.
- The tractor is equipped with many technologies and systems like ReadyStart, Disc Drive Transmission, Debris management system, etc.
- It has a durable and robust engine.
- This garden tractor is a little expensive.
6. Husqvarna Z248F Kawasaki Riding Mower
It is a Z200 series of zero-turn garden mowers. It features a 21.5 HP Kawasaki engine, which is powerful enough that it can mow large fields. There is a control panel and anti-slip foot area for making the mowing process intuitive and safe. You should go through other features in detail.
- Engine: This tractor is equipped with a V-twin 4-cycle, vertical shaft Kawasaki FR651V 21.5HP engine, which provides excellent power along with a smooth start. This lightweight engine is strong and durable. It offers outstanding power output and allows you to save fuel. It is incredibly efficient as well as economical to use.
- Hydrostatic Transmission: This garden tractor is equipped with a hydrostatic transmission which needs less maintenance, and provides a large amount of torque and power. You can even mow on hills in forward or reverse direction at any speed by its high performance.
- Cutting Deck: The cutting deck of this lawn mower is of 48-inches, which is made with welded 10-gauge steel. The extra welded reinforcement strips provide strength and durability.
- ClearCut Technology: The cutting deck of this tractor is equipped with ClearCut technology, which allows the flow of air around the top and bottom of the deck. It provides grass lift levels for professional cutting of grass with reduced rowing and clumping.
- Triple Blade Cutting System: This riding mower has a triple-blade cutting system that has six different cutting heights. It ranges from 1.5-inch to 4-inch. The smaller deck width provides greater maneuverability for mowing in tighter areas.
- Seat: There is a 15-inch high-back seat available in this mower to make the ride comfortable. If you are riding at a maximum speed of 6.5 mph, then also, the user will feel comfortable.
- The engine of the tractor is impressive as it has a 21.5 HP Kawasaki engine that provides easy and smooth starts.
- There is no need for maintenance because of hydrostatic transmission.
- The ClearCut deck is of 48-inches, which cuts the grass neatly due to deep deck design and high-performance blades.
- The tractor has a comfortable seat with a control panel and an anti-slip foot area.
- The tractor does not have a bagging attachment or a mulching kit to discharge the clippings and a deck wash-out port to clean easily after mowing.
7. Ariens Zoom 34 Kohler 6000 Series Lawn Mower
This compact mower is specially designed for small to medium-sized lawns. The tractor is equipped with a 12-gauge steel deck, 18-inch high-back seat, 4-point deck hanging system, and foot-operated deck lift. This product comes with more exciting features that you should go through.
- High-Back Seat: Most of the people look for a comfortable seat. If the tractor mower doesn’t have a comfortable seat, then you will get tired during the long sessions of mowing. The Zoom 34 model comes with an 18-inch high-back seat to provide good support for your back. The seat is well-padded and, thus, provides comfort to the gardener.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank of this tractor comes with a capacity of two gallons. It is enough to mow large fields for long hours. A small fuel indicator in the mower helps you in monitoring the fuel quantity in the tank.
- Strong Frame: The tractor is made with high-quality steel, which is very durable. The weight of the tractor is 425 lbs, which makes the user difficult to climb the hills. But, the machine works well on flat areas.
- Engine: This tractor model by Ariens has an engine from Kohler 6000 series with 19 HP. It is a high-quality engine that can mow one acre of the yard in just half an hour. The oil filter, along with it, can be used to avoid the debris, as well as impurities.
- Warranty: The product comes with a warranty period of three years. The user will get all-time customer service from the brand.
- Deck: The size of the deck is 34-inch, which is very large. It is a zero-turn mower with deck thickness of 12-inch. It is made of steel, and it is heat as well as rust-resistant, which is very durable.
- Brakes: The tractor comes with power brakes, which are easy to use and can stop the mower at any place without taking much time. The brake levers are connected with handlebars, which are easy to access and operate at any time.
- This tractor has a durable engine that is made of steel.
- The machine consumes the fuel efficiently.
- It is challenging to ride on rough or hilly terrains.
8. Snapper 2691402 360Z Riding Mower
The 360Z zero-turn riding mower can easily haul the dirt, carry tools, flowers, and cut the grass efficiently. It includes many unique features like a welded steel frame with the front axle, access maintenance points easily & durable steel deck for great cutting of grass. There are many more features that are required to consider.
- Frame: The 360Z by Snapper has a 12-gauge welded steel frame that can reduce the chassis flex. It provides an excellent finish after mowing on uneven terrains. The front axle is robust and reliable enough that you can mow on harsher landscapes.
- Cutting Deck: The cutting deck of this tractor is of a 42-inch size, which is welded with a 12-gauge steel deck. It is strong, durable, as well as perfect for maneuvering the hard areas. It has two anti-scalp wheels that help in protecting from the high points of the lawn that are being scalped at the time of mowing.
- Deck Lift System: This mower by Snapper has a deck lift system operated by a foot pedal. It is easy to adjust the height of the cutting deck via 13 height positions. It ranges from 1.5-inch to 4.5-inch, and you can select whichever required for your lawn to provide the best finish.
- Ball Bearings: The ball bearings in this garden tractor can reduce friction, at the time of mowing for extended periods on rougher terrain. The ball bearings are in the caster spindles, which help to mow smoothly and extend the mower life.
- Engine: This garden tractor comes with a robust 21.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine with ReadyStart technology. It helps in starting the engine quickly as it is automatically sensing the temperature of the engine and deliver the exact fuel amount to the carburetor. The engine does not make much noise, and it is fuel-efficient. The overhead-valve design cuts down the carbon deposits.
- The frame of the tractor is made with steel along with front axle, deck, and ball bearings in the caster spindles to provide durability.
- It has a high-performance engine on which you can rely.
- You can adjust the cutting height in the deck. The tractor has 13 heights for cutting the grass range from 1. 5 to 4. 5 inches.
- This tractor is a bit expensive.
9. Husqvarna LTH1738 Lawn Mower
This tractor by Husqvarna is a premium tractor which provides excellent performance and quality results. Its compact size makes it easier for a user to maneuver easily. There are many features that you should consider.
- Deck: This garden mower includes a sturdy deck of 38-inch for cutting the path. The deck is durable enough that it can work on rough surfaces.
- Accessories: There are a variety of accessories that are available with this model, which include trailers, snow blades, and brushes.
- Air Induction: This tractor features air-induction technology, which provides an efficient cutting process. Air comes out from both sides, top, and bottom of the deck to pull the grass after the cut.
- Choke-Less Start: It is a special feature in this tractor. It provides a choke less start feature to start the engine easily and quickly. You need to turn the key, and the engine will start. It works in intense heat as well as in cold weather.
- Turning Radius: This tractor has a 16-inch turning radius, which allows the mower to maneuver easily around obstacles and manage hard turns in the yard.
- Wheel Design: This tractor comes with anti-scalp 20-inch rear wheels that do not tear up on the rough terrain or uneven ground.
- Wash Port: The wash port of the tractor is located on the deck. It helps in hooking up the hose to the deck directly to clean the mower underneath. It is perfect at the time of mowing thicker grass, which can clog up the blades.
- Reverse Cutting: This tractor comes with a reverse operating system that allows you to mow in the opposite direction.
- Safety Features: The cutting deck, as well as the engine, shut off when the sensor of the seat detects a weight change.
- This tractor is suitable for beginners.
- It is perfect for small-sized yards.
- It has a feature of a reverse cutting operation that allows mowing in reverse direction.
- This tractor is not suitable for larger yards.
- There is no automatic blade engagement feature.
10. Husqvarna YTH24V48 Garden Mower
This riding lawn mower can easily maneuver your garden. It needs less space for storage. It is a versatile tractor, with amazing features like an adjustable seat and flexible steering wheel, hydrostatic transmissions, Air-induction technology, etc. You must go through its exciting features.
- Engine: The engine of this tractor comes with 24 HP and a V-twin Briggs & Stratton design, which is powerful, and durable. It vibrates less as compared to other engines with two cylinders. The enclosed unit of the engine is built to throw the exhaust air out of the machine. Therefore, it provides a silent ride as compared to other riding tractors.
- Cutting Deck: It is an essential feature in this yard mower. The 48-inch cutting deck is made with a 14-gauge welded steel tubing to provide durability. It can easily cut the grass by the blade engagement, and you can also adjust the cutting heights. It has a side discharging option to cut and spurt out the grass clippings through the sides of it.
- Hydrostatic Pedal Transmission: The hydrostatic pedal transmission in this tractor is to vary the speeds in both forward and in reverse direction. The foot pedal can control the gears of the tractor. Its hydrostatic transmission provides a max speed of 7.75 mph in forward and 3 mph in reverse directions.
- Air Induction Technology: The air present in the lawn tractor can be drawn from the top as well as the bottom of the deck. It improves the lifting of the grass from the ground and provides a fantastic finish to the garden.
- Add-ons: This yard tractor comes with add-ons like snow blades, moss rake, spreader, and trailer, etc. You can mow your yard by these attachments and tools.
- Cruise Control: The cruise control in this mower helps in maintaining a constant speed even on the rough terrains. It helps in engaging the cutting blades in a single switch.
- Compact & Comfortable: It is suitable for medium-sized lawns. It needs less space for storage as compared to other models available in the market. It comes with an adjustable seat with an ergonomic steering wheel. It reduces stress and fatigue.
- The seat of the tractor is exceptionally comfortable.
- The deck and frame of the mower are sturdy and durable.
- It provides an excellent finish after mowing.
- This tractor comes in a high range.
11. Husqvarna Z242F Garden Mower
It is another model by Husqvarna, which is also the best garden tractor that is available in the market. It has many engaging features like 18 HP Kawasaki engine, 42-inch ClearCut deck, an ergonomic control panel, an anti-slip foot area, etc. Check out its features in detail.
- Zero-turn Lawn Mower: This model is a 42-inch zero-turn lawn tractor of the Z200 Series. It includes comfortable controls and efficient power output.
- Engine: This tractor comes with an 18 HP Kawasaki engine, which is easy to start. It has a maximum speed of 6.5 mph.
- Brake System: It has an amazing brake system that can automatically activate or deactivate when the steering levers are in outward or inward direction.
- ClearCut Deck: This tractor has a 42-inch cutting deck with bagging. It cuts the grass deeply, and with the help of air-flow technology, it pulls up all the grass from the ground to provide a clean and neat finish.
- Seat: This garden mower comes with a comfortable seat with an ergonomic control panel and an anti-slip foot area. It is comfortable for the users and provides a great mowing experience.
- Warranty: This durable tractor comes with a limited warranty of 3 years.
- This tractor comes with a comfortable seat that a user can mow for long hours.
- The frame is made with sturdy steel which is very durable.
- This tractor is a bit expensive.
12. Husqvarna TS348XD Lawn Mower
It is a heavy-duty garden tractor with unbeaten and amazing capabilities. It is equipped with versatile technologies and features. It has a ClearCut cutting deck, reliable engine, comfortable seats, wide rear tires, service, and failure alerts, tilt warning and fuel level gauge, etc. It is one of the most famous and demanding garden mowers. Check its detailed features.
- Engine: This tractor comes with 24 HP 724cc Kohler 7000 Series, V-Twin 4-Cycle OHV Engine, along with a pressurized lubrication system to provide consistent coverage. The cast iron cylinder bores help in protecting the engine in dirty conditions. It provides enough power to cut the tall as well as wet grass easily.
- Hydrostatic Transmission: This mower can automatically adjust the speed and provides seamless acceleration by Pedal-Operated tuff-torq K66 hydrostatic transmission. It offers smooth vehicle acceleration. The tractor requires low-maintenance as it outlasts traditional transmissions.
- Fabricated Steel 3-Blade Deck: This tractor comes with a 48-Inch deck, which is made with 10-gauge steel with a 10-year warranty period. The mower blades are of fantastic quality that can cut the long grasses easily. The anti-scalp wheels help in preventing the scalping on uneven terrains.
- Seat: The mower has a 21-inch sliding seat, along with spring suspension. It provides lumbar support with padded armrests for additional comfort. It also reduces the fatigue of the operator.
- Frame: The frame of the tractor is designed with a reliable and robust steel frame. It provides a great overall balance and also resists chassis warping.
- This tractor is made with a sturdy and robust frame.
- The engine of the mower is very powerful.
- It is comfortable to mow for long hours.
- It comes in a single design.
- It is not suitable for large yards.
13. Troy-Bilt 13AJA1BZ066 Garden Mower
It is also one of the best garden tractors which provide extra power, durability, and performance. It is perfect for the most challenging fields. It has a twin-cylinder 679cc OHV Troy-Bilt engine that helps you to start the engine easily.
It has a steel cutting deck for providing rugged performance and increased durability. There are exciting features of this product that you must consider before purchasing the best one.
- Engine: This tractor comes with a 679cc V-twin OHV Troy-Bilt engine with full pressure lubrication. It provides smooth oil delivery to all the components. It is made with forged steel that makes it stronger and more durable.
- Hydrostatic Transmission: The cruise control, along with the hydrostatic transmission, helps in changing the speed and direction via a foot pedal. It can control the tractor and maintain a maximum speed of 5.5 mph in both forward and reverse directions.
- Cutting Deck: The deck of the tractor is a heavy-duty, fabricated steel-made cutting deck of 50-inch. It provides durability with 4 anti-scalp deck wheels that help in preventing deck damage.
- Monitoring: This tractor has a monitoring system that includes an hour meter and ammeter. It tracks the usage of the components and pushes reminders at the time of maintenance.
- Seat: This mower comes with a comfortable seat with reduced vibrations. It has a high-back seat with a soft-touch steering wheel.
- It comes with a durable and powerful engine.
- This tractor has a comfortable seat that allows a user to ride it for long hours.
- This tractor is a bit expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Much is the Lifespan of the Garden Tractors?
According to the survey, it is reported that most of the residential lawn tractors have a lifespan of at least 250 to 300 hours. But, it is not fixed as it depends on how you keep your garden tractor. If you maintain it and take care of it, it may last for an extended period. So, it depends on you and the quality of the tractor offered by the company.
2. What Tractor Size is Required for 2 Acres?
It is necessary to consider the size of the lawn. You can determine the size of the tractor, and then you can decide the type of tractor suitable for your yard. You must buy a riding garden mower with at least 14 HP engine. It should have up to 42 inches cutting width.
3. What is the Use of a Garden Tractor?
The garden tractors are used to haul small as well as extensive gardens. They are not used for any heavy work, but are suitable for cutting the grass in large areas of lawn. It also helps in pulling small trailer loads of weeds, soil, leaves, gardening equipment, and many more.
4. Is the Garden Tractor Size Needs to be According to the Size of the Land?
Yes, you cannot purchase the tractor without looking at the size of your garden. For example, if the size of your lawn is too small and you are purchasing a big tractor, then it will not be feasible to do the work efficiently.
On the other side, if the tractor is too small, and the garden is too big, then your tractor is not suitable to do such a heavy-duty job as it will consume more time.
Anyone who is going to purchase the best garden tractor always wants to save time. Even after spending too much money, if you are unable to save your time, then it is not the right decision.
So, before purchasing the tractor, go through the size of the mower and your garden. Take your time, and after completing the research, you can buy a reliable product.
5. What Should Be Done to Get The Best Tractor?
There are many options that you can do to choose the best one. You can compare various models of different brands and get the best one. You should know your requirements before purchasing a garden tractor.
It is expensive and cannot be bought again and again. Therefore, it is a must to make a wise decision. You should go through the specifications of all the products and compare different products according to your budget.
6. What All One Needs To Look While Purchasing?
One needs to look at many things before making purchasing the garden tractor. It is essential to go through all the specifications and features before buying the product.
The engine of the tractor needs to be durable and stable enough. It is one of the essential things on which the lifespan of the tractor depends.
The body and design of the tractor matter a lot. The design needs to be as per the market standards, and the frame needs to be of optimum quality. The structure needs to be sturdy and robust so that the mower can withstand extreme weather conditions.
The quality of the seat and the steering of the tractor also matters. Check the quality of the seat to ensure that it is pleasant and comfortable enough to sit for long hours.
Along with that, the blades of the tractor should be strong and sharp enough that it can cut tall and stubborn shrubs easily.
7. Why Is It Essential To Purchase A Garden Tractor?
Earlier, the task of gardening was done by manual methods. But, the manual processes are very time-consuming. Specialized labor has to be there for performing this manual task for the whole day.
So, it is essential to have a product that can reduce cost and time. As a result, garden tractors are now present. It helps in performing gardening tasks very quickly and efficiently. It reduces the efforts, work time, and increases efficiency. A garden tractor is a basic need for all who have a big garden or lawn.
Best Garden Tractor – The Bottom Line
It is essential to have a garden tractor to mow a large yard in less time. All the factors related to the garden tractor must be clear to you. This article is a complete guide for the users that are confused about selecting the best lawn tractor for their use.
There are many best garden tractors available in the market, but choosing the best one is a challenging task. The lawn tractor makes your work more relaxed and comfortable as compared to manual methods.
So, you need to consider all the factors and compare them with your requirements and purchase a garden tractor that you desire.
Now, you know all the benefits of the garden tractor and how it helps in making your lawn clean and tidy. After considering everything, it is a must for a gardener to purchase the garden tractor as it makes the work very easy and smooth.
You can complete your task within few hours without much effort. It is required to maintain the garden daily, which is now easy with the help of these garden tractors.
The price of the garden tractors vary from low to high. You can purchase the tractor as per your budget. You have to give importance to the budget as well as quality. Now, it’s your choice. If you want to have an excellent quality of tractor then you have to spend a little more.
It is not like that you cannot get a suitable tractor in a low budget, but you can get far better quality in a reasonable budget. So, the price range plays a significant role. You can purchase the desired tractor by clicking on the given links easily.